Vague Symptoms In A Sick Mini Schnauzer

Just heard back from vet - the bloods only show stress to an infection. He had a grass seed stuck in his paw which my usual vet had said to wait for the cyst to burst so he could get the grass seed out. The vet now thinks that this is the most likely cause of whatever infection is in his blood. She has taken the seed out (apparently he just sat there and let her cut it out without sedation!)

He is looking a lot happier after being rehydrated and she said I can pick him up this afternoon once the drip has finished :) He will be home for Christmas after all!! :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone for your well wishes! Fingers crossed this was the cause of the infection and he will get better from now !

How is he doing now? Still on the mend i hope?!

He is slowly getting better :) Antibiotics twice a day - thankfully he is eating and drinking normal again, so it is easy to hide them in his food! He is still a little lethargic, but it also very hot here which wouldn't be helping. I think another couple of days should see him back to his usual bouncy self :)

:) freeze large ice brick things, or sealed bottle of water . Wrap in a towel and place them near where he sleeps... Hamlet took a while , but these days , in the warm mornings I find him draped over his ice bottle ;)

Any baby puppies we have here have ice bricks to sleep on from a very young age ...they just love 'em!!