Beautiful Red Kelpiexkoolie With Horrible Past Needing A Home

Here's the story.

My friend's father got ill and passed away just before Christmas. He owned a red kelpieXkoolie name Barley. Barley is about 2 years old and a lovely dog. Sadly my friend's father would beat/flog Barley quite often all his life. When my friend got him he was very timid but very obedient and a lovely natured boy. She has been working with him and he's coming out of his shell and she's teaching him new commands and he's learning very quickly. Sadly, she can't keep him for a few reasons. One is that she has a young baby and this dog is very full on and she's worried he may injure him. She has a very bad back and can't give him the exercise or stimulation he requires.

He's a very pretty red colour with one almost fully white front leg and one half white front leg. She says that he comes from working lines and would make a good dog if trained on cattle or sheep. I can't get a photo until later on this weekend but when I do I'll post. Due to his horrible start in life he'll need a fair bit of reconditioning mentally I would say. She described him as very affectionate, enthusiastic, loyal and a 'foot sitter'.

If anyone could spare some room let me know. Thank you

poor fellow, if I had my pen I would take him, working dogs suit me and my girl was the same, shé is way better now, but after my last rescue I realised I need a pen , so no more til i can save for a pen

hope u find him a place

That wasn't Priya was it Chezy?

no Priya was not misstreated, she was a working dog, I meant Ricki the kelpie I have

Priya is doing very well btw, she is so lovely and now in process learning agility :thumbsup: she is doing quite good hearding, I went and watched her a few months ago

Edited by Chezy & Chopper

no Priya was not misstreated, she was a working dog, I meant Ricki the kelpie I have

Priya is doing very well btw, she is so lovely and now in process learning agility :thumbsup: she is doing quite good hearding, I went and watched her a few months ago

Yay! Glad she's going well! I was confused for a minute LOL. You've done a good job :)

Yay! Glad she's going well! I was confused for a minute LOL. You've done a good job :)

I could have homed her sevral times :laugh: so many people love her, but the home she has is the best :thumbsup: not just for her , but a great home

sorry for steal topic mixeduppup

I could have homed her sevral times :laugh: so many people love her, but the home she has is the best :thumbsup: not just for her , but a great home

I'll get over it :laugh:

I'll get over it :laugh:

did u find him a placement, I been looking at runs, but i just can't afford them , my fellow seems to be a real good dog at helping brng dogs out, he is so freindly and confident, they take his lead and you see the confidence build daily, while my ricki will always probably have a few hangups , she has learnt that people can be loving and good, most of all she has learnt how to melt hearts with her eyes :rofl:

Edited by Chezy & Chopper

never nderstand why pics are so improtant, temp of the dog is more my concern

So Koolie Rescue dont commit to taking a Poodle etc. People often get the breeds wrong and most breed specific rescues prefer to only rescue their breed (which is fair enough). I cant even remember how many times I was contacted when I was doing Rotti Rescue, from people wanting to surrender their Kelpie X's which they thought were Rotties.

eta: Im sure MUP hasnt got the breed wrong though, just Koolie Rescue would be making sure.

Edited by Clyde

That is why we want pictures - to be sure it is at least part Koolie - people often claim that dogs are Koolie X when we cannot see any Koolie in them - we are a small rescue without much in the way of resources and what we have we want to go to Koolies and Koolie X dogs.

never nderstand why pics are so improtant, temp of the dog is more my concern

So Koolie Rescue dont commit to taking a Poodle etc. People often get the breeds wrong and most breed specific rescues prefer to only rescue their breed (which is fair enough). I cant even remember how many times I was contacted when I was doing Rotti Rescue, from people wanting to surrender their Kelpie X's which they thought were Rotties.

eta: Im sure MUP hasnt got the breed wrong though, just Koolie Rescue would be making sure.

ah ok that makes sense, when I was in wildlife rescue we used to get calls for natives and turn up to a feral or non native escaped pet