Need Your Help With Transport Options

gwp4me

Hi, would someone please be so kind, and let me know about my best option to get transport for a puppy from Brisbane to Canberra or Bateman's Bay. Names of any pet transport companies, you know of, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!! :)

When do you want in Canberra by?

Breed and age?

Is dog going accompanied by owner or unaccompanied?

Air transport can be arranged by yourself through Qantas who have sole right to fly animals in and out of Canberra as they are now only airline who has live cargo transit facility access. All you need is correct crate deliver to Freight depot here in Brisbane fill in paperwork pay money and send dog with details of who is to collect at other end.

For extra fee you can have Jetpets do all the work for you including pick up dog from your location and deliver at other end. Especially if going on to Batemans bay from Canberra as this is another approx 2 hours by road.

If whoever is collecting dog drives up to collect from Canberra this would save some $$

Thanks smooch and zeebie, for your reply,

I have the offer of a free 6 months old Kelpie X puppy, my offer of payment refused, still negotiating with the owner when she can drop off puppy at Brisbane, no idea yet. I have to see what transport options there are and at what date, as puppy has to be moved in the next 8 days. Still up in the air, will try to clarify things tomorrow. Hoping for a good outcome. I can pick up puppy from Canberra :)

Thanks tdierikx, wrote details down, I earlier contacted Dogmovers and was given dates/times. Emailed person (only answering service when phoning) trying to rehome puppy (reason given because of moving house), will see if we get a response, or if suits. :)

Thank you so much for all your help, in trying to find suitable pet transport for me. When the crunch came to finalise the details, I was advised the dog was given to an aunty in Victoria, to live on her cattle farm. Very cool, I suppose gumtree style. :confused: It was this ad on top of the page, with giveaway cattle puppy:

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/taringa/dogs-puppies/cattle-dog-x-kelpie-giveaway-/1012727450#