Poodle Topic Deleted

teekay

Whats to ask. The OP was breeding unregistered dogs to make unregistered pups. Nothing more than a byb in my eyes cashing in on a 'rare' colour.

I didn't actually get the impression she was in it for the money and I still maintain the thread did not 'promote' parti poodles. The discussion was sensible and informative.

Oh And to keep things clear. Can someone please point me to the rule that says we cannot discuss purebreeds that are not registered. I still can't find it.

Maybe the "as recognised by the ANKC" in underlined writing in the forum rules is the giveaway? And it wasn't the discussion of the dog, it was the breeding of unregistered dogs that was the problem. DOL doesn't promote the breeding of unregistered dogs.

There is also a "We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without notice to you." clause in the forum rules ;)

Edited by minimax

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"As recognised by the ANKC" would therefore also mean you couldn't discuss Koolies or Mini Foxies though. I think you're misinterpreting that rule minimax.

Anyway, that is beside the point because didn't Troy already state his reasons and one of them was that the OP intended on promoting their pups or breeding of them via the forum.

Edited by ~Anne~

Whats to ask. The OP was breeding unregistered dogs to make unregistered pups. Nothing more than a byb in my eyes cashing in on a 'rare' colour.

I didn't actually get the impression she was in it for the money and I still maintain the thread did not 'promote' parti poodles. The discussion was sensible and informative.

Oh And to keep things clear. Can someone please point me to the rule that says we cannot discuss purebreeds that are not registered. I still can't find it.

Maybe the "as recognised by the ANKC" in underlined writing in the forum rules is the giveaway? And it wasn't the discussion of the dog, it was the breeding of unregistered dogs that was the problem. DOL doesn't promote the breeding of unregistered dogs.

There is also a "We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without notice to you." clause in the forum rules ;)

That's fine, I just think it should clearly say somewhere in the rules no discussion of breeding of non registered breeds or non standard colours. Simple really.

It does say this :

This site was created for pure bred dog discussion (ANKC recognised breeds)

The primary purpose of this forum is to promote and discuss pure bred dogs (as recognised by the ANKC) so we ask you respect our aim when visiting here. If you own a cross breed dog, you are also welcome here, but we ask that you refer to it by its proper name (eg a pug-x or cavalier-x instead of the designer term 'pugalier').

But that isn't particularly clear, especially in this circumstance as the poodle is a recognised breed, just the colour that isn't - ambiguous.

Just suggesting another rule be added to make everything clearer for newbies.