Special Plea From Canterbury Pound

The ever-wonderful practice manager at Canterbury Pound (Fairford Road Vets) has asked if anyone can help out with Oscar.

Oscar has been with them for quite a few months now and is a delight. He's great with people and other dogs. Friendly soul, very sweet, 9 years young. Although the pound staff love him, he needs a nice comfy home and proper family or a person of his own. Needs his vetwork done (although he was vacc on admission) but arrangements can be made for reputable rescue. He had rescue at one stage but was bumped for urgent surrenders, so he's been held over time and time again because he's such a good dog.

There's also an older (10yo) Staffy girl in the pound (Lulu) but she hasn't been there quite so long. If anyone can help out these oldies please call Helen on 9709 6844.

More details and photos are on the pound's website.

Oscar:

post-15359-0-00140000-1360122397_thumb.jpg

Poor old boy. They've tried Gumtree and their network of vet clinics but no interest. I'm so glad our local pound tries so hard! It was a bit scary having a missed call from the pound on my mobile because I panicked and thought something had happened to my dogs :o

OK - Katdogs and I went over to Canterbury pound this morning, and got us some nicer pics of Oscar and Lulu.

Oscar was a complete delight - he knows all of the basic obedience commands like sit, drop, etc, and he takes treats gently even though he hadn't had his breakfast yet. He walks very well on lead without any mad pulling too.

We also took him over to meet one of the clinic cats, and he wasn't interested or fazed at being hissed at in the slightest. Walking him past the kitten cage also had him not interested in the slightest.

Overall a very nice boy who really should be in a home not a pound.

Pics of Oscar...

10-02-2013-canterbury011.jpg

10-02-2013-canterbury016.jpg

10-02-2013-canterbury023.jpg

10-02-2013-canterbury025.jpg

10-02-2013-canterbury028.jpg

10-02-2013-canterbury037.jpg

Lulu certainly does not look or act her age - which is apparently 10! A very tail waggy friendly girl indeed. Not so good at the basic obedience as Oscar, but walks nicely on lead, and was convinced that a sit would get her a treat - so I think she is highly trainable... *grin*

Took her over to the clinic cat, and she was interested, but he swiped her with his paw and hissed, and that convinced her that he wasn't something interesting at all... lol! Walked past the kitten cage with no reaction.

Another gorgeous dog who would be great in a home rather than in a pound.

Pics of Lulu...

10-02-2013-canterbury055.jpg

10-02-2013-canterbury057.jpg

10-02-2013-canterbury063.jpg

10-02-2013-canterbury069.jpg

T.

OK - Katdogs and I went over to Canterbury pound this morning, and got us some nicer pics of Oscar and Lulu.

Oscar was a complete delight - he knows all of the basic obedience commands like sit, drop, etc, and he takes treats gently even though he hadn't had his breakfast yet. He walks very well on lead without any mad pulling too.

We also took him over to meet one of the clinic cats, and he wasn't interested or fazed at being hissed at in the slightest. Walking him past the kitten cage also had him not interested in the slightest.

Overall a very nice boy who really should be in a home not a pound.

Pics of Oscar...

10-02-2013-canterbury016.jpg

Wow. I'd be surprised if he doesn't find a home within a week with that photo and temp description! It sounds as though someone would be very lucky to have him in their lives :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Bull Breeds in Need facebook page has posted about Oscar and Lulu.

Helen at the pound is hoping their new PetRescue account comes through soon and they'll start advertising on that too.

Also the local Pet Food Place (where I spend WAY too much money) thinks they might have a customer who would be interested, so I've suggested to Helen that a poster be dropped off there too.

Hopefully Oscar and Lulu (and the other couple of dogs currently at Canterbury Pound) will be in new homes or maybe foster care soon. You know they must be good dogs when the pound staff have been charmed!