Sorted - Sydney - Small Fluffy Wanted

I'm helping someone find a companion dog. Lady is in her 70s but fit and well, very good for her age.

She wants a fluffer to fit following criteria - if you have one (in foster care) that suits, pls pm me:

Female (pref) or Male - under 7 kgs

Good on the lead, in the car

Good with Cats and other Dogs

Quiet (must not bark at neighbour's barking dog through fence)

No separation anxiety

Waist height, wire fence at rear of property - no climbers!

Sounds like a long list but it's not that hard with a fluffy, I just don't have the right sort of dog right now.

Edited by dogmad

somersby rspca has a female 6yo shih tzu available soon, seems very sweet and lived with an elderly owner. cant tell you any more atm. can send you a pic, the shelter will have more info when she is officially available

Edited by gillbear

Don't like the sound of the fence. You would know that a determined dog could easily scale that and until a dog is presented with a fence like that, how do you know he or she won't climb :shrug:

The lady has owned and cared for many dogs that have never climbed the fence. I wouldn't put an Italian Greyhound there but there are many homes I wouldn't place one in, they are consummate escape artists. I wouldn't say the same for the fluffies I've owned and fostered. I'm looking for a solid and easy going dog rather than a highly strung one.

We have a Malt/ShihTzu cross girl named Lulu that might fit the bill... she is tan/white and around 8 years old. Came to us debarked, so barking is no issue. She plays just great with dogs of all sizes and adores all humans. We haven't tested her with cats, but I don't think she's the personality type to chase them... and she doesn't climb fences or dig.

Feel free to send your lovely lady our way Jane... *grin*

T.

• 2 weeks later...

DOGMAD!!!!!! See my post about Hazel....five years desexed ..only little under ten kilos...not sure about cats but fine with dogs..can bark at night but not if she's contained ...has been on lead and now lives with two adults..she may fit the bill and is available now..I know this little dog..she's a spritely little thing..

I'd watch the fence situation though...

Edited by Liebhunde

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure she'll be riddled with applications and is probably limited to NSW applicants only :(

I saw her in one of SOS' FB posts. Obviously, there would be many applicants for such a pretty lady. I've always wanted a pomeranian with that exact color :)

Oh my....she is gorgeous. I am sure there will be heaps of applications for her. I like how this rescue states that they will take dogs back at any time.

Rosetta, any ethical rescue should have that as part of their adoption procedure. When I was rehoming, I always stressed that I didn't care how many years had passed, that if the people ever found themselves in a difficult situation, to ALWAYS let me know.

Anyway, most of SOS dogs are in kennels and not in a home situation. Even tiny little dogs . . . . . .

Sorry ...did I touch a nerve or something :confused: I was just saying that it was nice to see that stated - people would find that reassuring.

There have been a few threads recently about really dodgy "rescue" groups so I suppose it does hit a nerve, but just because there are a lot of passionate people involved in rescue here :) It's unfortunate that it does seem like a really extra-positive thing when a rescue will take a dog back if something goes wrong, because that should be the default position in my opinion!