Kenz's On-going Saga

ness

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks westiemum. Still not sure what to do with her she is still very front end lame (although seems to have good moments) and her back end is bothering her with either patella slipping just about every day :cry:.

Thanks westiemum. Still not sure what to do with her she is still very front end lame (although seems to have good moments) and her back end is bothering her with either patella slipping just about every day :cry:.

there is nothing I can say Ness frown.gif

though I can offer you this grouphug.gif

Thanks guys for all your kind words of support they all mean a lot to me. Unfortunately these things always seem to happen at the most inopportune time and I keep beating myself up over it when I am seriously trying to do my best by Kenz. When you get a pup and you do all your homework you don't in a million years think the journey will turn out the way hers has :(.

Thanks guys for all your kind words of support they all mean a lot to me. Unfortunately these things always seem to happen at the most inopportune time and I keep beating myself up over it when I am seriously trying to do my best by Kenz. When you get a pup and you do all your homework you don't in a million years think the journey will turn out the way hers has :(.

I'm so sorry ness. I can honestly say I have some idea of how you are feeling. I adore Mac yet don't even want to think about what I've spent on his health - suffice to say 3 ACL repairs (one failed), full ear ablation, now a laryngeal tie-back and a couple of dentals... and I'd do it all again in a heart beat. But it doesn't make it financially or emotionally easy for me, or physically easy for him. frown.gif

Big hugs.hug.gif

I am really so sorry for both you and Kenz. I don't post in here much but Kenzie is often in my thoughts and I'm always reading hoping for good news.

Kenzie is so lucky to have you for an owner Ness -- not once have you given up on her and I'm sure she more than appreciates your effort. I'm sending you both love and well wishes and I'm really hoping you both get a well deserved break soon.

:hug:

:cry: came home after work today and drove both dogs to have a bit of a walk in the afternoon sunshine. My soon to be 13 year old was racing around like a lunatic. Kenz was walking behind me at a complete snails pace. Then her LH went on her. She then stopped and wouldn't walk anymore.

Heart broken :cry:.

Edited by ness

Kenz had a good final session in the UWTM today :). About the only thing she seems to be able to manage and she figured she would make the most of it :thumbsup:. Thanks again guys for the extra sessions it was nice to finally have a reasonable session and push the boundaries just a little bit.

Now I have decisions to make and hate decision making :(.

Edited by ness

Thanks hankdog - decision not made any easier by the fact her LH is the leg that has bothered her the most in the last 48 hours or so. I really worry given she had surgery the first time and it wasn't successful whether putting her through any surgery at all will end up resulting in a gain :(. I just keep worrying what next.

Can't walk her everytime I try and do that her legs bother her. Yet she is so feral and needs a job. Its really not a great situation to be in :cry:.

Edited by ness

I don't know if it would be an option for Kenz, but my friend's staffy cross has a badly sprained cruciate that only time can heal. She'd start to get better, then run around like a crazy loon and sprain it all over again. She's been prescribed a very mild sedative just to take an edge off while she's healing.

Would something like that work with your girl at all?

I'm so sorry you both keep going through these ups and downs. :hug:

Oh and can I just say that Kenzie is such a beautiful girl!! :love:

There is no real further healing that can take place. Nothing will "fix" the luxating patellas short of further surgery. Apparently the meds and hydrotherapy can improve her comfort and function though but in the end it will only be as good as it can be.