A Follow On Thread For Those Who Now Have Their Puppy

julesluvscavs

1040149_10151912704923281_915189832_o.jpg

Envy is getting huge and is a really nice burgundy colour. She is now 5 months old. at 19 weeks she weighed 18.6 kgs!!!This photo was yesterday, we went down to the esplanade for lunch and she was watching the seagulls calmly.

Edited by Lollipup

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Envy is so gorgeous :)

Steph congrats on your new addition!

I've had a bloody terrible week, crap with uni and my partner of 3 years and I broke up. But somehow puppy makes life all better.

We graduated Beginners obedience tonight! :)

I'm so proud of him, this last week he has just come to life and is doing everything amazingly! During class the assistant trainer joked around and asked if I could train her dog to heel because of the focus nova was giving me!

1383422_10151736354885787_888016717_n.jpg

Edited by LisaCC

Puppies and Aussies are better than boys. That's how I ended up with Atticus... After a terrible start to the year. I'm so sorry for you. Things will get cheerier and you've got a little star in Nova to keep you company. Reading that it sounds a bit sappy but it's true.

Guest hankodie

Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear about your week, breakups suck and they are never easy :( but how lucky you and Nova are to have each other! Puppies make even the hardest times a little better. Hope you are OK.

Lollipup :eek: Envy is looking so grown up and so pretty! Love that video of her being a distraction :D

I've been trying to get up every morning this week before sunrise to train at the beach with Hank. It's such a pleasant time of the morning because it's fairly quiet and there are only one or two other dogs around. I'm not a huge morning person so it's been a bit of a struggle to get out of bed :laugh: but once I'm up it's great! (Hank is more of a morning dog than Odie though he does give me the look like "why are we up this early again mom?")

This morning was great until it was rudely interrupted by some douchebag with an Aussie at the table next to us (sorry Lisa and Jack :( you need to come down to my hood and show this guy what it's all about). I was having my coffee and reading and Hank was chilling out next to me minding his own business and this dog starts stalking him. It charged over and then stared Hank down and Hank backed up and hid behind my legs. I looked over to say something to the guy, I thought maybe he wasn't paying attention to his dog but NO, this douchebag guy and his douchebag friend were laughing at Hank. HAHA so funny jack*ss how your dog is as socially inept as you are. Then the owner grins at me like "hey isn't it cool that my dog is tougher than yours?" I wanted to punch his face. I can't stand people like that. They always seem like they are desperately overcompensating for something if you catch my drift.

ANYWAY just typing that has sent me into a mini rage so have some photos of Hank posing at the beach

2ia7b85.jpg

soam4i.jpg

33fcj1d.jpg

Edit: I swear I don't get him to pose like that, every time he is doing something interesting I whip out my camera and he stops what he's doing and gives me a zoolander look. I have no idea where he's learned that. All the photos lately are of him giving me the blue steel!!!

Edited by hankodie

Lisa I'm sorry sorry to hear all your crap news :( Breaking up after that long must be unbelievably hard!

I'm sure Nova is being a great comfort though. Congratulations on his graduation! I have no doubt he was the star pupil.

Hankodie, that guy sounds like a total douche :( but good on you for being motivated to get up early to do some training! Hank is definitely an amazing poser!! He is super cute as always.

Thank you all! I'm trying to keep extra busy so my replying may be slower than usual.

Daisy.Tea, Atticus is much better boy replacement I'm sure! How is he going these days? He would be around 6 months now yes?

Hankodie, Hank is just adorable! Such a poser!

Well the last two days have been interesting, we are in a new development area and have no wind break infront of us (north facing) so we got the brunt of the storm on monday night, 125km winds directly into our back fence funneled by the house into a strong point caused it to buckle and break, sent the whole of tuesday away from work fixing it so it was safe for Koda to be outside today.

popped home at lunch to check on him and the fence only to find it buckled again and 3supports snapped, lucky i came back as it was gusting 90km and I got koda inside and cleaned the main room so he could stay in there while i popped back to work.

dammit :(

:( Oh lisa. I am so sorry to hear that. I hope Nova is being a good cuddle bug.

Treble was such a good dog, Our back fence has been broken in the strong winds we have going on at the moment. He was out in his run and started to woof slightly to get our attention. So I headed out to see what is going on and saw the fence broken. He is now tucking into a chicken leg for being a good boy and telling me.

He also was so proud of himself for telling me as he practically pranced back into his run. :laugh:

--Lhok

Thanks Whippy and Lhok. Nova has been the best Cuddle bug and I have photo evidence!!

Wow both Lhok and Jack with broken fences, you must be proud of both dogs for not taking advantage of it!

So today I bought our first show stuff, including a pretty leash.

I tried so hard to get a photo of stacked Nova (who is actually getting it really well), but when I went to take the photo he kept moving. But this is the best photo doing his impression of a German shepherd laugh.gif (His back legs should be together!).

IMG_1299_zps5b4a265a.jpg

Because of the failed photo I took one of him sitting with his new show lead, being a total model again.

IMG_1305_zps17131350.jpg

Then this afternoon we went for a walk along the river bank :)

IMG_1311_zps11c5530e.jpg

My Snuggle buddy

IMG_1289_zps0a41b77c.jpg

Good luck Show newbie buddy! very cute snuggle buddy good to see he takes his job seriously! :)

Treble in other news is in disgrace, he dug up our water pipe and promptly chewed through it :( Lucky for me I managed to score a plumber in time to fix it today and he even wrapped the pipe in some crazy neoprene stuff then put two bricks over it before covering it so hopefully that will stop the monster.

I introduced Treb to the plumber and he stated "Whoa that's not a dog that's a bear" :laugh:

--Lhok

Brooke's mother has been staying with us since Wednesday and I'm quietly losing my shit. She's a lovely woman and I adore her but she's shocking with the dogs, she's been letting them on her bed at night, so they consequently think ours is ok too, I mentioned this too her and she looked hurt, but rules is rules.

And the feeding! Good god the feeding! She clucks around cooing to them 'are you hungry? you look hungry!' (Rosie the whippet x is of course too skinny, we met two really fat whippets at the park and she thought they looked perfect, despite the owner saying they were recent additions and very very fat.

(Her dogs look like coffee tables too. 3 x JRT crosses who are built more like staffies)

The dogs usual diet consists of 3 cups of kibble for Gus and 1.5/2 for Rosie. A RMB for lunch or a chicken frame or something like that, it's enough and neither are fat etc. They have sardines, yoghurt or egg on dinner and usually get some table scraps too.

The other day they had that PLUS (unbeknownst to me, as I was at work) a second serve of kibble for breakie, a second bone, a slice of buttered fruit toast, umpteen lucky dog bone treats (her purchase, going in the bin when she leaves)a bowl each of leftover mashed potato, 2 pigs ears each and a monte carlo each.

I had to say to her 'just because they're in the kitchen with you or watching you eat doesn't mean they're starving, they actually eat a little too well under me and the extra weight to carry will do them no favours developmentally'

Needless to say they're both sucking up for food now too, which we had nipped in the bud. Only a few days left, thank baby jesus.