A Follow On Thread For Those Who Now Have Their Puppy

julesluvscavs

Guest hankodie

Hahaha I bought him the lobster too but he likes the moose better. I suspect because of the goatee :laugh:

Hank's never figured out how to get it to squeak which is weird! Maybe because his bite is too soft? Every time I pick it up I squeak it and he gets so excited so I put it down and he pushes it around with his nose and then looks at me like "nooooooooo you killed it!"

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha, Nova has a really great bite and hold on the tug and he's only recently been able to make the duck quack. I think the bellies of those toys are pretty tough.

I really liked the big bunny with velvet ears, but I couldn't bring myself to buy him a Pink toy! Everyone already thinks he's a girl!

Guest hankodie

Oooo there's a panda one!? Must look for it next time :laugh:

They are great quality toys actually, my dogs are savages with anything soft but they've held up really well! Except for poor Mr. Moose has nearly had his goatee chewed off completely :D

Lisa, we have a yearly "100 top spenders" campaign where each store sends out vouchers to "reward" the top spenders, I didn't make the list but my workmate did, he topped the list!!! Was a scary amount of money lol. Maybe you'll get a surprise in the mail :)

And yes Hankodie, there is a panda and if your store doesn't carry it, ask for them to please order it :) it's blue and white (google images "knotties panda") we got a basic order of only particular ones, then I discovered more and ordered them in. Having a young woman who likes pretty things as the person in charge of ordering may not be the BEST decision ever....but I try to save money elsewhere. And I guess, our major demographic are young women up to the age of about 35, so my tastes should be spot on!

The same workmate who was the top spender in our store bought the octopus for his whippets, the legs didn't last long ON the body, but their favourite toy now is just one leg that survived.

I have a feeling I will get that laugh.gif, you know how you get points and extra money? One of the workers exclaimed that I had gotten the most amount of bonus spending money they had seen, when they have only been open for about 2 months! But I had a brand new puppy to buy stuff for!!!!

Edited by LisaCC

We have a new puppy! Her name is Candy and she is a PBGV. Talk about a funny little dog with a very keen sense of humour! We just adore her.

Took these photos last night of Candy playing with my 14 year old son.

post-864-0-28776300-1384805747_thumb.jpg

post-864-0-53248600-1384805768_thumb.jpg

post-864-0-32389800-1384805792_thumb.jpg

Just went and picked up my buddy boy. Got the results when I picked him up, Treble has Addison's disease which is pretty upsetting as he will have it for the rest of his life, but the good news is that it is treatable. This means however he won't be able to be my assistance dog :(

He made me smile when I entered the vets he was out the back and couldn't see me but I sneezed and he heard it and I heard his "Woo Yoo" in reply :)

--Lhok

Sorry to hear that Treble has Addison's but as you said it is treatable or at least manageable. My little Ares had Addison's, he was 9 yo when diagnosed (and had other problems) but Addison's medication (Florinef) solved what we thought was arthritis and all his digestion problems with no side effects (he was on 1/2 tablet once a day). Make sure you get the right dosage, as low as possible so all symptoms disappear without excessive panting and appetite. He started with 1 tablet, twice a day and we reduced the dosage after a week to 1/2 tablet, twice a day and then a week later 1/2 tablet only once a day. As my vet said, once they start the medication, it looks like a miracle: they are so much better so quickly. Good luck with him.

Sylvie

PS: Do you know that your vet can write a script so you can get the medication from a chemist, and it is a lot cheaper? Chemist Warehouse was the cheapest I found.

Oh thanks for that information I will have a chat to Treb's vet about getting a script to get the meds from the chemist warehouse.

He has already changed since starting the prednisolone, he is now eating and looking brighter which has made me feel so much better. Unfortunately though he still is drinking heaps and urinating a lot poor boy but the vets said that should change when he starts on the florinef.

--Lhok

I have a feeling I will get that laugh.gif, you know how you get points and extra money? One of the workers exclaimed that I had gotten the most amount of bonus spending money they had seen, when they have only been open for about 2 months! But I had a brand new puppy to buy stuff for!!!!

Especially if it's a new store, hopefully they opted in for the Xmas card scheme (if it's a corporate store they would have had to, franchises like my store got a choice).