Sniffme.com.au

Received this today..

Hi Maddy,

We would like to introduce you to a new place for dog lovers to meet and share information online, www.sniffme.com.au

Sniffme is a online dog directory with dog focused social media, where dog owners (Pack Masters) can interact with other dog owners, post reviews, share a loss or the fun times. Dogs can’t speak for themselves so sign up as a Pack Master and speak for them, we all know what our dogs are thinking!

As a Animal Welfare group a full business listing is at no cost. This gives you the ability to have a full page listing, including pictures and logo’s on the directory with multiple sub categories / locations, managed by you, and a Business Pack Master page. Use the directory listing as a free website linking to yours, and use the Pack Master to stay in touch with your supporters and dogs.

Please contact me if you wish to take advantage of this free service.

Sniffme is for dog owners to share the doggy love, we hope you enjoy.

Kind regards

Tony Carter

Anyone else get this?

I had a look through the listings for Launceston and they included was a petshop that is fairly notorious here for having animals literally in wire cages (just stacked on top of each other) and kept in pretty disgusting conditions :/ Not at all interested in being associated with that sort of thing.

I had a look through the listings for Launceston and they included was a petshop that is fairly notorious here for having animals literally in wire cages (just stacked on top of each other) and kept in pretty disgusting conditions :/ Not at all interested in being associated with that sort of thing.

461 pet shops and 35 rescues - awesomely outnumbered.

I don't actually understand the site. They list your name and you write your own page? Probably not a bad deal for anyone without their own website :shrug: probably helps with google stuff or whatever it is when someone does a web search.

They always seem to find you HA :p

Yeah.. I get some weird stuff. Like the random dog bed website. They wanted to be able to post articles on my site. Their site was this bizarre thing promoting dog beds. Not selling dog beds, just talking about particular dog beds as if they were selling them. No links to places to buy the beds, not even Australian anyway, really weird.

Had a dig through my old emails and found it..

Wed 15/02/2012 11:52 AM

Hi,<br><br>

I'd like to start by saying I love greyhoundhaven.com - it's awesome.<br><br>

I'm interested in contributing an article to greyhoundhaven.com - I can select a topic that matches the tone and theme of your site, or if you prefer, I can write about something of your choosing. The article will be unique and interesting to read. In return, I ask that I be able to subtly include a link to my site dogbedswarehouse.com within the article. If you are able to put a permanent link to the article in a prominent place on your website, I may be able to make a one time Paypal donation as well.<br><br>

If you are not interested in the article, I am also willing to offer you a one time donation for a permanent link to dogbedswarehouse.com in a prominent place on your website.<br><br>

Hope you are having a wonderful week!<br><br>

Thanks,<br>

Rob

The link now goes to an actual online store, I got curious and looked at the Whois for the domain, turns out it changed hands less than a month after I got that email :confused: Needless to say, I turned that one down. When there was no advertising on the site, no links to buy the beds, nothing that made any sense to me, it seemed much safer to just avoid that one.

There's a groomer listed there that hung a DOLer's dog recently... remember Buddy?

Nope - me not likely to want to join...

T.

Should post a review, test out the site!

I did better - I reported the listing with a link to Buddy's story here on DOL... *grin*

T.

Hmmm... maybe I should do that with a number of their advertising links all over the internet...

Edited by tdierikx