Dogs Seized From No Kill Shelter

same old same old just a bunch of nutters looking for a war to fight. By now the truth and facts are long forgotten and its about pay back and winning a point rather than what's best for the dogs. Lies everywhere.

Yep.

post-6444-0-29427600-1367113888_thumb.jpg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another is the blatant hypocrisy. Whining non stop about rspca deleting and blocking posts when they have done the same, blocking and deleting people, they blocked me from seeing the page :laugh: Everything was publicly available so I did nothing wrong by posting here. I'll just make up a FB account to see their page eejits :laugh:

Edited by Reverend Jo

The main page comes up in my search but won't open so that's when you are blocked I think. Looking from a different account I could see the page by going through one of the donation pages but it is private. I'm interested because I live in SA and have been following this for a bit plus it has some far reaching consequences.

I thought they might have been cleaning up the rspca posts but doesn't look like it. I know in NSW you cannot ask for donations without a license but not sure about SA. There would have to be some restrictions on it I'd think.

In South Australia they have virtually the same restrictions as they do in NSW.

You must apply for a licence if you are seeking to raise donations or someone else is seeking to raise them on your behalf.

I have just successfullyt completed the liceincing procedures in South Australia for a group in NSW.

Going through those pics I can see hazards on a few enclosures that aren't passed. I also challenge anyone to spend a summer locked in those yards they said haven't passed. Yes they have more space but they will be extremely hot and I couldn't see any way for the dogs to escape the heat properly. Unless you have lived there you have no idea what summer is like, it's hell and nothing to have weeks on end over 40 degrees. Same goes for winter, I had a minus 7 there one morning. Don't get fooled by space, it's the first thing you learn when looking at building or improving zoo animal enclosures. A big inadequate space is no better than a small inadequate space. The dirt is also an issue as parvo is up there.

Yeah, my first thoughts when I saw the photos were about how bad it must be for the dogs in summer and winter. I shouldn't be, but I'm astonished at how many people have posted that the pens are better than most back yards and their dogs would love to live there, or that they see no problem keeping dogs in them indefinitely.

Im dumbfounded at watching the whole thing unfold as to level of hypocritical attitude and the lack of concern for the dogs.

If this were a breeder they would have people camped on the footpath demanding to know why its taking the RSPCA so long to shut them down!

Im all for making the RSPCA more accountable via an ombudsman or similar but I think they should be thankful they have been given a chance to fix the place up and people cant expect that the RSPCA or any org will be answerable via social media propoganda and ignore privacy issues and policy and protocol. Time they all grew the hell up.

A lot of the FB supporters wouldn't even live in the area so they are pretty clueless about how weather would affect those dogs. They are just blinded by the rescue word again and Steve is right, if it were a breeder they'd be strung up for pens like those. It's all about how the people feel, no matter what Moorook say they'll add their support so they can get their warm fuzzy feelings for the week. I really dislike the rspca but in this case they have done the right thing in regards to those yards. I can't speak for the seized dogs but I know them visiting the property has been a good thing and at least for now things will improve for the dogs there.

not to mention the comment about how anyone coming to inspect must make an appointment as Lola has a life - if it was a breeder asking for an appointment time to be made, people would immediately be on the bandwagon screaming abuse and how they must have something to hide for sure if they want a definite time and date, given how the AR brigade are all about surprise and unannounced visits being fair game. Interesting how yet again, they think just because a place has the word "rescue", they can do no wrong

Food being wasted goes back years, I would have thought they'd have sorted that issue out. Rehoming of aggressive dogs and no understanding of behaviour is one of the problems that is well known with the locals. Dogs that haven't been abused can be aggressive as we all know and just highlights the ignorance at Moorook. Until they change the save them all ideology nothing will change there. At least some people are coming out of the woodwork to tell their stories now.

I'm sorry, but if a dog is not safe to be around men or children, then it might actually be unrehomable. There are worse things than being given wings...

Sometimes one's head needs to be the part to be doing the thinking instead of the heart. It is possible to do the right thing even when it hurts US to do it for the animal in question.

I know I keep saying it, but I'll say it again... rescue isn't all sweetness and roses - it's a downright dirty, nasty, and heartbreaking business sometimes, but what is BEST for the animal in question is NOT warehousing it indefinitely (ostensibly looking for the "right home") because it has a pulse.

Here's something for all those who think it's OK to house dogs in those conditions for extended periods of time - would you board/leave your dogs there? Even for a couple of weeks?

T.