Dogs Seized From No Kill Shelter

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the boycott rspca South Australia page. I don't know if it's true though.

"Canine Detection Services

Well, the rspca have sunk to a new low, they are filing animal cruelty charges against Lola Of Moorook. I have trained a number of dogs for Lola to help get them a home, I have also transported dogs to & from the vet for her & know how much money she has spent on some of the dogs, & remember, the money she spends does not come from large numbers of donations or Govt. funding, she works damn hard to earn that money that helps keep the shelter going.

What this "person" in the rspca is doing, completely sickens me, the charge of animal cruelty is being leveled at the wrong person in my opinion, Lola doesn't take healthy dogs & cats & kill them.

Lola needs all the support she can get, & don't think for one moment that the rspca will stop at Moorook, if they win this round, they will move on to other non kill shelters.

Don't forget the rally on the 19th May, lets show these people that they are answerable.

Bob, the dog man."

He's just a Goddamn hero! Except his Aldridge factor is in doubt considering he never actually gets elected to get anything done :laugh: Now here's what I don't understand and posted in the latest rspca thread. How come they can press charges on these dogs but are powerless to act with those horrendous puppy farms and must bring in new laws to tightly control all breeders. Moorook needs a damn good kick up the arse and to be kept accountable but I'd much rather see dogs seized who are bred to death, thin and living under 6 inches of matted coat.

I was thinking about that today, how people will believe anything they are told on social media because they want it to be true. Anyone I meet in the animal world just launches into their own horrible stories as soon as they are mentioned. You have no idea how much I wish I could let some facts out there about what really goes on, but I won't betray people's trust and they'd be identifiable.

I think they are missing the point, plenty or rescue start out with good intentions, they may well have rehomed "thousands" of dogs but what counts in the eyes of the law is how the animals in their care are being treated and housed at this point in time. If they are being kept in sub standard conditions and in numbers that exceed their ability to adequately care for them, then they should be removed from their car, orders placed and if warranted charges laid.

I think the 'supporters' going off half cocked have been instrumental in proceedings [if they are taking place]. The rudeness and profanities have been off putting [even by my standards], especially on other sites. There's ways and means of doing things and well they've been going about it all wrong :(

I'll also add this.

"Mark Aldridge She is on her own, trying to clean 50 cages, and it appears the rSPCA to back their position need to take more animals, just had a call they are heading that way, no confirmation yet, this will be the problem of the coming weeks, so she needs support near on full time atm"

Another update from Mark Aldridge (sorry not sure how to do the screenshot):

RSPCA arrived with multiple police cars and served a summons for animal cruelty, for age related illness of the animals taken, also for brandy for injures that we're evident before Moorook had her, also for sick cat that was dumped the day before the RSPCA first raid. Seems shelters are responsible for animals condition when they arrive, so best not accept sick or injured animals, work that out.

I agree with comments that this is being handled the wrong way. I started this thread wanting to help MAS or find out if what the RSPCA did was right and now I don't even want to come in here as I'm embarrassed by the way Mark has been representing them and I'm not even affiliated with them.. I just got a dog from them! I personally don't have a problem with Moorook, as my boy came to me healthy and happy and in the end of the day, that is all that really matters to me but I am very quickly being put off by the comments from Mark and other MAS supporters. There is a right way and a wrong way to handle things like this and they have gone about it the very, very wrong way. Mark is hindering rather than helping and I think they need to ditch him before he puts his foot in it even more.

Edited by BlueyLove