Dogs Seized From No Kill Shelter

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Honeybyn, it's just the man trying to keep them down :laugh: If you want to get given money you need to bloody well do it by the book, why should they get let off when others make sure they get the appropriate licenses.

Agree entirely.:)

The public need to have some assurance that when they make a donation to a group purporting to be a charity/not-for-profit, that there are government regulations ensuring there is accountability by that group, and the dontions are being properly used for the purpose for which the group has been set up, and not being siphoned off to some other use or someones own use.

It is hard enough to get donations, and there a lot out there competing for the charity dollar, so that if one bad apple spoils it for the rest, or makes it harder,then that is very annoying.

Attendance at the rally will be assumed to be support for Moorook no matter what the stall holders think. Does Mark really think he can stop the rspca if they want on his property, if they have a warrant that gives them access they'll just break down the barricades, can he really believe this :confused: No wonder he never gets elected he isn't all that smart.

Attendance at the rally will be assumed to be support for Moorook no matter what the stall holders think. Does Mark really think he can stop the rspca if they want on his property, if they have a warrant that gives them access they'll just break down the barricades, can he really believe this :confused: No wonder he never gets elected he isn't all that smart.

Well yes if they have a warrant and he tried to blockade, then the police can handcuff and physically remove him from the property and the RSPCA can go in.

I agree, when the facts come out at the trial people will be wishing they weren't associated with Moorook. Others will think that the supporters either have no problem with the cruelty that goes on there or they just blindly support anything without any facts.

Do you really think so? Isn't it at the stage of conspiracy theory where nothing said in court will be true?

I agree, when the facts come out at the trial people will be wishing they weren't associated with Moorook. Others will think that the supporters either have no problem with the cruelty that goes on there or they just blindly support anything without any facts.

Do you really think so? Isn't it at the stage of conspiracy theory where nothing said in court will be true?

possibly.

Will be interesting to see how this all pans out long term. Will Moorook close down??!! Will the supporters get ired enough to demand for changes in the Animal Welfare legislation??!! Will the RSPCA be brought down a peg or two [/tic]??!!

Not the rabid supporters, they will just believe what they are told by Mark, but the fence sitters and officials will. Have you noticed that the number of rescues going to the rally is quite small, if they support Moorook they will be written off by completely. It doesn't really matter if individuals are made fools of in the big picture, they will just go back in their holes but rescue orgs will be associated with Moorook. After breeders are locked down rescue will be next and the more rescues that are seen to endorse Moorook the worse the consequences will be. The clean up will be based how bad it can get and what has to happen to prevent that. Good rescue will be paying for the sins of the Moorook type operators, though Moorook is the worst I've seen anywhere.

Mark Aldridge

IMPORTANT NOTICE, FOR IMMEDIATE SHARE......it is an offence at this moment to donate any money to small rescues, including Moorook animal shelter, unless they have in place the latest licence, the licence is being applied for, Willow wood will do the same, and I ask all small rescue organisations to do the same, I can not advise you in anyway to donate, sponsor or even buy a product.......so please be careful and use your common-sense, even food donations can not be asked for....... I hope you can all find other ways to help as volunteers

I am guessing someone has complained too but if that is the case they better cancel their quiz night or they will get in more trouble

Edited by behluka

You'd think they'd be more careful with all the scrutiny and pretty surprised Mark never knew about the fundraising licenses before, how can he expect to compete politically if he can't even manage to understand the basics. The rspca really have it in for them, looks like they are going for them from every angle :laugh:

You'd think they'd be more careful with all the scrutiny and pretty surprised Mark never knew about the fundraising licenses before, how can he expect to compete politically if he can't even manage to understand the basics. The rspca really have it in for them, looks like they are going for them from every angle :laugh:

Actually, I'd suggest that they're just reading this thread.

Maybe they just paid the usual tax on the bequest?

No laws are stopping someone freely giving something away. I can go down the road and leave stuff at the crazy cat lady's house if I want. :laugh: As long as she doesn't ask for it she isn't breaking laws.

A quick look at SA non-profit laws is confusing, there's charitable fundraising permits, but permit exempt "minor lotteries" don't seem to count? :shrug: I think?

Politics aside. It is a worry to me that they still have animals in their care needing food and but particularly vetwork, none of which they can get if funds are cut off and people are told not to give anything. That doesn't seem right or fair to me. Maybe in the end the place will be bulldozed, but right now it still has occupants.

I'm pretty sure in SA that they're not actually allowed to accept donations of any kind, whether it's cash or goods, even if they don't ask for it. Aside from that, their facebook page and website is plastered with requests for money and goods.

I haven't looked but I suppose it would be, like a hundred other unregistered rescues who potter along and haven't put much thought into needing permits.

But who is breaking the law if an unsolicited gift is left at the gate? SA is very confusing. :laugh:

Collections for Charitable Purposes Overview

The Collections for Charitable Purposes Act 1939 regulates fundraising activities conducted for a "charitable purpose" as defined in the Act.

The definition of "charitable purpose" includes:-

The affording of relief to diseased, disabled, sick, infirm, incurable, poor, destitute, helpless, or unemployed persons, or to the dependents of any such persons.

The relief of distress occasioned by war, whether occasioned in South Australia or elsewhere.

The affording of relief, assistance, or support to persons who are or have been members of the armed forces of Australia or to the dependents of any such persons.

The provision of welfare services for animals.

Charitable organisations that are not collecting for a charitable purpose as described above do not require licensing and therefore will not be found on the Charities List (e.g. religious organisations, environmental groups and educational institutions).

Any charity seeking access to Commonwealth taxation concessions and other Commonwealth benefits and concessions, including deductible gift recipient (DGR) status, is required to be registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profits Commission.

Fundraising activities for a "charitable purpose" include:

Doorknock appeals

Telemarketing

Donations to clothing bins

Sales of goods at secondhand shops

Seeking bequests

Badge days

Public appeals

Film nights

Licences

Licences issued pursuant to the Collections for Charitable Purposes Act 1939 include:

Section 6 Licence

Any person acting as a collector that wishes to:

collect or attempt to collect any money or property; or

obtain or attempt to obtain money by the sale of any disc, badge, token, flower, ribbon or other device; or

obtain or attempt to obtain a bequest, devise or other grant of money or property for a charitable purpose

must be the holder of a Section 6 licence.

Section 6A Licence

Any person that has a collection contract with a charity and wishes to employ another person to act as a collector on his/her behalf to:

collect or attempt to collect any money or property; or

obtain or attempt to obtain money by the sale of any disc, badge, token, flower, ribbon or other device; or

obtain or attempt to obtain a bequest, devise or other grant of money or property for a charitable purpose

must be the holder of a Section 6A licence.

Section 7 Licence

Any organisation that wishes to conduct entertainment, or sell or attempt to sell a ticket for admission to entertainment and the proceeds or part of the proceeds are for a "charitable purpose", must be the holder of a Section 7 licence.

http://www.charities.sa.gov.au/

Edited to fix crazy copy and pasting html

Edited by Noishe