Dogs Seized From No Kill Shelter

This was just posted in the LOL's thread, but I thought it was appropriate for Aldridge :laugh:

1336140107752_4450580.png

:laugh: love it,

as for the rest (ie this entire thread), as a new poster (if not new member) - it's certainly been educational :thumbsup: (I would be laughing lots at some of the screen shots of what seem to be the ramblings of a massive ego, if not for the fact that it involves animals in need)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

finally someone pointed out the obvious!

Tori Gould As much as I disagree with it I cannot see the rspca requesting help from a shelter they're investigating and have laid charges on. We know moorook is innocent but the rspca arent likely to place animals in the care of a shelter they say has committed cruelty. There are heaps of shelters putting their hand up..even up here in Sydney. I hope the RSPCA publically names and thanks each rescue that take some of these animals and I hope people donate to those rescues

A Moorook supporter, in an effort to help the shelter, posted a stack of photos online last night from a visit she made to the shelter in March. I believe she was attempting to demonstrate how good the place is but it had quite the opposite effect for the people looking at them. One of the photos was of a plastic Snappy Tom container, minus it's lid, filled with used needles from microchipping the animals. Some questions were raised about who is authorised to microchip in SA, as it varies from state to state, and what the requirements are for disposing of needles used on animals. I did some ringing around this morning and this is what I discovered:

Well meaning people really need to learn to look beyond the end of their rose tinted glasses :eek:

Er, I think I mixed up two cliches there, but you know what I mean :laugh:

Edited by minimax

A Moorook supporter, in an effort to help the shelter, posted a stack of photos online last night from a visit she made to the shelter in March. I believe she was attempting to demonstrate how good the place is but it had quite the opposite effect for the people looking at them. One of the photos was of a plastic Snappy Tom container, minus it's lid, filled with used needles from microchipping the animals. Some questions were raised about who is authorised to microchip in SA, as it varies from state to state, and what the requirements are for disposing of needles used on animals. I did some ringing around this morning and this is what I discovered:

9019366131_a86f35f80f_o.png

Any link to the photos or copies of them at all?

Wow, the person that posted them is a weirdo. Having a tantrum because they weren't all taken with sparkles and rainbows, and demanding they be taken down when she posted them in the first place?

Some supporters really are blind and oblivious, aren't they :/

Wow, the person that posted them is a weirdo. Having a tantrum because they weren't all taken with sparkles and rainbows, and demanding they be taken down when she posted them in the first place?

Some supporters really are blind and oblivious, aren't they :/

Where is this happening? Link please?

A Moorook supporter, in an effort to help the shelter, posted a stack of photos online last night from a visit she made to the shelter in March. I believe she was attempting to demonstrate how good the place is but it had quite the opposite effect for the people looking at them. One of the photos was of a plastic Snappy Tom container, minus it's lid, filled with used needles from microchipping the animals.

That's pretty disturbing.. especially being left in the open.. what if one of the roaming cats decided it would be something good to play with?

The website message has changed again.

post-47908-0-69360100-1370997276_thumb.png

The other question to be asked, if they think it's acceptable to store the needles in a container like that, how do they think it's acceptable to then dispose of them? Does she just put that container in the bin for normal garbage collection?

Lone Highnam no she had an arrowhead seed in her cheek when she was dropped off, not that we knew that at the time it was removed and the following day she was brought back to Moorook. Desexed animals are not rehomed until their stitches are removed 10 days after operation.

This is not correct. When I got my boy in October, he had only been desexed three or four days before I picked him up. He still had his stitches in.

In regards to the 3 days in the trailer/van thing.. when I picked up Gus there wasn't a trailer, but he was the only dog that was there when I picked him up. He had come down in the van and when I got there he was wandering around out the front of Lola's daughters property. The daughter had a GSD that did not like other dogs and was going of its head at Gus from the other side of the fence. So if animals are staying at Lola's daughters house, they are definitely kept in either the van or the trailer overnight, there was no where else for them to go.

OMG, just catching up now. :(

What a shocking mess. Imagine how far you'd have to push a person who has been volunteering for so long to pull down a rescue's website.

Mark is doing nothing positive for those animals with his mismanaged social media campaign/political soapbox. Absolutely nothing at all. Can't their legal put a restraining order in place!

What a shocking mess. Imagine how far you'd have to push a person who has been volunteering for so long to pull down a rescue's website.

Mark is doing nothing positive for those animals with his mismanaged social media campaign/political soapbox. Absolutely nothing at all. Can't their legal put a restraining order in place!

I get the impression that Lola may be as blinded as the rest of Mark's supporters. If she could see just how much damage he is doing I am sure she would have shut him up by now, especially considering the way he has obviously been acting and speaking towards the people that have stuck by her for so long but there has been nothing.

I get the impression that Lola may be as blinded as the rest of Mark's supporters. If she could see just how much damage he is doing I am sure she would have shut him up by now, especially considering the way he has obviously been acting and speaking towards the people that have stuck by her for so long but there has been nothing.

That would be even worse.

And I'm not making excuses but she is an older lady, living in the country spending most of her time out in the shelter and this is a huge generalisation because I've just gotten back from visiting country relatives who do have emails and internet etc.....but that generation don't always 'get' social media. They don't get the nutters, the grandstanders, the viral nature of it or the damage that can be done when things snowball. Up to this, it was probably just a useful medium to advertise the animals. Now it's a campaign with legs of it's own being driven by one guy and his new fans.

Here's hoping that a fraction of the ones who shout the loudest are getting off their bums and physically helping those animals instead of just talking about it.

Mark maybe you could put the cowboy boots aside and go scoop some poop. :D

That would be even worse.

And I'm not making excuses but she is an older lady, living in the country spending most of her time out in the shelter and this is a huge generalisation because I've just gotten back from visiting country relatives who do have emails and internet etc.....but that generation don't always 'get' social media. They don't get the nutters, the grandstanders, the viral nature of it or the damage that can be done when things snowball. Up to this, it was probably just a useful medium to advertise the animals. Now it's a campaign with legs of it's own being driven by one guy and his new fans.

Here's hoping that a fraction of the ones who shout the loudest are getting off their bums and physically helping those animals instead of just talking about it.

Mark maybe you could put the cowboy boots aside and go scoop some poop. :D

I agree that Lola probably is not overly facebook savvy, but it's not just happening on the internet. She would have to know about the volunteer shutting down the website and why. She would have to know why 3 or 4 of the long term volunteers have left. If she honestly has no idea what is going on and how much damage he is causing I would be pretty surprised. She might not know the full extent but you would think you would have some idea that a person is not doing you any good when he is alienating the people that have been by your side the longest.

Deep down I guess I know that Blueylove, yes she would have to be aware by now. It's just so sad to watch. :(

It is and I feel really sad for the volunteers, they don't deserve to be treated that way.

She's not a naive woman who got in over her head, anyone who knows her will tell you she is as hard as iron and very shrewd. The animal's aren't her priority.

When I met her that is exactly how she came across - tough as nails and didn't care what anyone thought about her or what she was doing, just did what she wanted.