Dogs Seized From No Kill Shelter

I'm not one to care about what people say about me either, those who matter always know the truth. I only worry about what damage people like do in the community. He has decided to the spokesperson for various causes whether anyone wants him to, can you imagine him speaking for you to the media :laugh:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not one to care about what people say about me either, those who matter always know the truth. I only worry about what damage people like do in the community. He has decided to the spokesperson for various causes whether anyone wants him to, can you imagine him speaking for you to the media :laugh:

You beat me to it, I was going to say the only thing worse than having MA attack you was having him on your side!

You beat me to it, I was going to say the only thing worse than having MA attack you was having him on your side!

Truth be told Media Mark needs to be shut down permanently. He is all mouth, no action in reality. It's all for the media and I for one am so over him. I asked questions via PM because I actually wanted to give support to Moorook at that point, got posted in public for it all, plus was abused via PM on Facebook. None of what he posted about me was true and he knew it, but still chose to post. Would I want him onside? NO bloody way, because I would never know when it would turn to a vendetta against me!

All questions and no answers from him, ask and ye shall NOT receive from him. At least NOT truthful anyway, it seems to always be a typical politician who leads those who question around the post with no answers, OR to turn it back on those who ask the questions.

He is a liar and speaks only of what suits his purpose at that moment. He has been found out and it is a matter of time before he is outed for what he says. I and many others have no sympathy for him. How can anyone who supposedly pushes the "buy Australian made" then buy from Indonesia for his business ever be taken seriously for long. This is the man Moorook and Lola et al trust???????????????????????

Not for the first time, I wonder if Mark understands what irony is?

8976288570_cef8d4d275_o.png

Seriously? Does this man read and digest what he's typed before hitting "send/post"?

Expose... hahaha! Could come back to bite him in the bum methinks...

Pot - meet kettle...

T.

The thing is, one can't complain in regards to social media if things don't go as planned. It's the nature of the beast, people will always have differing opinions. I have always liked FB, yet at times I go arhg, bite my tongue and remain civil when people get too personal when making a point. Social media gives everyone a voice; this in itself can be good and bad, if social media is used by the wrong types of people. It's not like the good old days of newspapers being the main social media, when the editor only let certain letters into the paper and filtered out the inciting to riot ones.

The part about 'the truth reigning supreme in the end' well, what is one truth to some will be different to what other's believe. You can't force people to think what you want them too - you can only offer an alternative line of thought and let them come to their own conclusions.

But to try and get exposes done on social media and getting the net on a whole accountable - it will never happen. This is the kind of thing that could in essence backfire majorly if it was to be taken seriously. We thought the great firewall of Australia was wrong...things could be worse if Governments step in with half-arsed attempts at making the internet better [well perceived to be better].

Getting back to the Moorook vs the RSPCA saga; personally, I didn't like the en-mass assault of the RSPCA FB page and other pages associated with them. Most of what I read was hostile, volatile diatribe from people who were merely in for the chop so to say. I don't always agree with everything the RSPCA do, I have never supported them monetarily [that even includes buying products endorsed by them]...but, I do not agree with lambasting them willy nilly either on social media. That achieves nothing in the long term. There are ways and means of getting one's point across without resorting to en-mass online harassment [which is what I perceived it to be]. It was in effect, bullying behaviour on a massive scale. People [by people I mean Moorookians] have to remember it's not the inspectorate's fault - they were merely carrying out orders from the upper echelon based on current animal welfare laws. It's the way things are - if they want change it will have to be by getting current legislation altered.

I guess the other point is, what ever attempts are made in regards to social media it wouldn't make much difference as most social media is owned/run in other countries bound by their said laws. Maybe the FB techies could change it so that all .au IPs load up to facebook with it looking happy and nice with rainbows and filters hashing out anything deemed unaccountable. Where you have to provide a 100 point identification before getting an account [bye bye cinch marshall and fair go]. In reality this isn't what social media and the internet is all about.

In regards to the local councils abusing the Moorook shelter to drop off animals from the surrounding areas. Well, as it is an already established shelter [the council utilising it's facilities has established this], they should all chip in and get Moorook rebuilt from the bottom up - bulldoze the existing and rebuild something more managable. Dog registrations were upped many a year back now, which all income from dog registrations and expiations received by Councils is dedicated to animal management and public safety, recreational opportunities for pets and their owners and educational materials and community events So taking that into consideration if Moorook is the chosen area for dog drop-offs then it is in the local councils best interest to actually do something and get a proper establishment built there, instead of a mishmash of donated materials making up the shelter. It's easy to legislate and order Moorook to comply with bylaws and developmental acts, but if they're contributing to the problem of overcrowding then they are in themselves part of the problem in the Riverland. This is what needs to be rectified, either they pay up and help rebuild or deem Moorook unviable and stop using it.

My friend asked simple questions on his page and guess what???? Got blocked by MM. Just shows he doesn't wish to answer the true issues. All that was asked was why he imports from Indonesia whilst pushing Australian made products. How is that an issue for a politician who wants to be chosen to lead his public? Is profit worth more than his electorate?

My friend asked simple questions on his page and guess what???? Got blocked by MM. Just shows he doesn't wish to answer the true issues. All that was asked was why he imports from Indonesia whilst pushing Australian made products. How is that an issue for a politician who wants to be chosen to lead his public? Is profit worth more than his electorate?

Perhaps it is :( But yes he should lead by example.

As Snook has said, the main problem is Mark gaining ground in organisations that aren't aware of his methods. On the surface he is an attractive package, passionate and seems to know his facts, but once you've seen him in action he doesn't have the balls to tackle the issues like a grown up. In the period between inviting him to speak and asking him to leave when he is exposed he can do an enormous amount of damage. People will walk away rather than have to deal with him and in some things this split will be the finish of those groups. He has publicly said he will be taking up the cause of animal rights if he loses the next election so Dog help SA.

That issue (BSL) needs people who are educated, calm, rational and can stand up under heavy questioning and scrutiny.

A big 'yes' to this.

Edited by mita

Oh my God somebody please stop this train wreck in the making. Whose idea was it to invite him to that thing??

On a totally unrelated note, I have to say I found his facial hair really irritating during the TT thing...

I don't even know where to start, but did get a kick out of the bit where Mark said TSM ignored him :laugh: Really, is he going to keep saying Moorook never asked for donations when the word donation was all over the place and people have proof. Funny how they keep saying it's nothing and all in hand, no one has informed the CBS because they seem to pursuing it as a breach, quick Mark, give them a call :rofl:

This is an interesting post on Mark's page, directed at Mark:

8993704261_8433cb546e_o.png

ETA: It's in reference to the Sunday Mail article about illegal fundraising.

ETA Again: The Moorook website is now offline.

Well done. Don't piss off the people who have control over things like your website!

That's the problem though minimax. It's not Mark's website, it's Moorook's. That means there is no fall out for Mark and it is once again, Moorook who is adversely affected by his actions and going in to damage control.

Ah, true. But hopefully MA will still get the hint, or Moorook will realise it's time to formally remove him from all dealings.