Washing Machine

goldenluv

Currently have a Bosch front loader and its doing quite well. It's probably heading up 10 years and has been doing the washing of a house of 7 adults for that amount of time and hasn't died yet. Is probably due for an overhaul and maintenance check but otherwise :thumbsup:

Only issue is that one brother has ultra sensitive skin and there's not really any decent front loading powder that we've found is good for his eczema.

I used to have a hoover front loader, after about 20 years the bottom rusted out of it, sigh.

I got an Asko front loader - cos I thought I couldn't afford a Miele. Not happy at all.

The asko powder dispensing bit - has rusted along the front and I've stickytaped it up to stop it from including bits of rust in the wash.

It doesn't do a good job of getting dog hair off anything - tho I tried a Shannon Lush trick this last time - put some nylon pantihose loose in with the load and that seemed to work. Not 100% sure yet. Have to try some tracky dacks with dog bedding and see.

It has killed two of my fav underwire bras (that were inside stocking wash bags), and made a big scrape in the door - on the fastest spin speed, so now I wash on 800 rev spin speed, and pull the bras out and then put it on the fast spin. The fast spin speed does not seem to be as dry as the Hoover 800 rev spin was. Something is not right about that.

And it doesn't get things as clean as the hoover did. It does use much less water. And it takes 1 hour and 20 minutes to do a normal cycle on cold water, longer if you want to use warm or hot water - cos it heats its own water with electricity.

The door is really hard to shut. It's also not intuitive to open if you shut it and want to add something (before you start the wash).

The bit where you clean the buttons out, is really difficult to access, and the extra sand trap at the bottom cannot be accessed without flooding the floor even tho you told it to drain all the water out. The way the fitting is - you cannot catch the water with anything but a large towel. Not a great design.

Spin cycle is noisy.

Next time - I'm getting a Miele.

The thing I grew to hate most about my front loader is that I ALWAYS find one last thing I want to chuck in, in that first few minutes after you start the machine.....and that just isn't possible with a front loader! It drove me mad :(

You can add things with mine. I have an Asko, best money I ever spent :)

Have a bosch front loader and love it, its never missed a beat. Dog beds and everything go in it and never had a problem. Not bad considering i shed more hair than either dog.

Years ago I had a fisher and paykel smartdrive toploader and was also very happy with that. My ex had an ariston front loader which wasnt bad but died 6 weeks out of warranty so i wouldnt buy another one, once bitten-twice shy, i guess.

Ours is a front load Siemens .. I've finally worked out that we need the cleverest machine we can find. I hate hate hate handwashing and this one does it for me. Not too bad with the hair but I still use the dryer to shake the last of it off.

We have a million year old top loader, looking to upgrade soon. Might just go the cheap old Simpson.

Seems the cheaper ones last for ever. Will be going front loader though, top loader one is my mortal enemy these days.

(I work for Electrolux etc, not major appliances though, don't blame me!)

Currently Miele front loader - previously had an Asko and actually prefer the Asko but would never got back to a top loader. Front Loaders save water, gentle on clothes and actually clean much better - never get any fluff - can't comment on dog hair as I have poodles but I do wash my dog towels in it and bedding and don't have any problems.

ok have been to see the Samsung 10kg top loader

lovely and big, does not have an agitator up the middle

the lint system is that there is an outer bowl around the washing bowl and the lint is suppose to go out onto the outer bowl

does anyone else have this sort of system, does it work well?

sorry I'm probly being painful but its a big investment to me :-)

the lint system is that there is an outer bowl around the washing bowl and the lint is suppose to go out onto the outer bowl

I'm not sure if it is the same system, but my F&P Aquasmart does not have an agitator, (supposed to be a top loader that works the same as a front loader, less water usage etc), and the lint system is useless.

I have had 2 F&P top loaders before and they were great, but the Aquasmart has been a very dissapointing purchase.

I'm not sure if it is the same system, but my F&P Aquasmart does not have an agitator, (supposed to be a top loader that works the same as a front loader, less water usage etc), and the lint system is useless.

I have had 2 F&P top loaders before and they were great, but the Aquasmart has been a very dissapointing purchase.

Bugger!