Ferrets On Steroids Sold As Poodles

Kajirin

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/ferrets-on-steroids-sold-as-poodles/story-e6freon6-1226615046465

DOG-lovers at a market in Argentina paid out hundreds of pounds for fashionable "toy-poodles", only to discover that they were fluffed-up ferrets on steroids. One pensioner was duped into buying two of the "pedigree" pets, but then became suspicious he had bought what Argentines call "Brazilian rats".

When he took the animals to a vet for their vaccinations he was told he had bought two ferrets that had been given steroids at birth to increase their size and then had some extra grooming to make their coats resemble a fluffy toy poodle.

Local television news in the capital, Buenos Aires, discovered that the unidentified man was not alone. Another woman had been told that she was buying a chiuhuahua, but ended up with a ferret.

Ferrets typically have brown, white or mixed fur and are around 51cm in length and weigh around three pounds. Toy poodles are around 25cm tall and weigh around four kilograms.

Toy poodle puppies typically cost upwards of $700, while a ferret will usually set someone back around $70. The "toy" poodle is the smallest of the three varieties of the dog - the others being "standard" and "miniature".

BA is a very dog friendly and cosmopolitan city. Unless someone is a total moron I'm pretty sure they could tell the difference between a ferret and a poodle. Slow news day in tabloid town, me thinks.

Who could forget the "poodle" sheep in Japan :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I think the "poodle" ferret is a joke. Mind you - we do call our mini poodle "Ferret' sometimes as she is so feral :rofl: :rofl:

Edited by frufru

I thought the poodle ferrett was pretty cute. A ferretty poodle would be pretty cute as well.

Next article will be chinese buying pandas to walk on lead around beijing, or a mini lion scampering around a car park in USA

A woman on a US whippet forum told the story a while back that someone thought her whippet was a deer, and I know a friend in Melb. who was walking her blue whippet near the Botanic gardens and a tourist bus driver called his passengers over to see the kangaroo. She kept insisting it was a dog, a whippet, but the driver kept insisting it was a kangaroo. :shrug: She gave up in the end.

Well at least they do make great pets.

Although Ive found they find the guts of fridges irreristable playground and the racket they make playing hide and seek made me fear the motor would blow up.

we blocked up all around so my daughters couldnt find a way under.

there is not much funnier than a ferret pronging .

they are no where near as elegant at it as antelopes are.

also they may not come when you call. BUT try cracking paper or cellophane and their recall then is simply amazing.