Plaque Off

I don't know for that particular product, but we have been using something else that does the same thing. We have found we have had to scrape the tartar off that its soften. It comes off easier enough. But in our situation it is something we have to keep doing quite regularly :)

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs

it may well do with that product, im not sure. I think theres been previous threads about this (well more about teeth cleaning/plague removers) and a suggestion was made in one of them about a scraper tool that one of the members sells on here for assisting with plague removal . We have our own scraper thing we use. on our Cav's teeth ;)

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs

• 3 weeks later...

I don't understand why this product has so much great reviews. Been using this on the dogs for over 2 months and haven't seen much improvement.

Yes it softens it slightly but not by much and still you need to scrap it off (doesn't work with your nails so its still hard)

Edited by giraffez

I bought plaque off because as my dogs are aging I'm finding they are starting to get plaque when they never had it before. I found the plaque off was a waste of money, I fed it for about 3 months and saw no difference at all.

I bought plaque off because as my dogs are aging I'm finding they are starting to get plaque when they never had it before. I found the plaque off was a waste of money, I fed it for about 3 months and saw no difference at all.

That's fine. It has worked on all mine to a point where you say it's just an unbelievable product in what it has done for mine. :)

That's fine. It has worked on all mine to a point where you say it's just an unbelievable product in what it has done for mine. :)

I wish it had worked for mine. Perhaps I'll give it another go, I've still got lots left.

Edited by Kirislin

I wish it had worked for mine. Perhaps I'll give it another go, I've still got lots left.

Hi Kirislin, I really do think it can be trial and error.

Like many products that can effect some more than others.

it's best to start with a dental clean, or close there after; plaque off is brilliant for 'after that' care because, in my experience, it goes to maintaining good dental health, and by providing your dog with good meaty bones at least 3 times a week [add a few chicken necks also] it will go a long way to keeping your pet's teeth and oral health in very good condition...

i, along with a number of others, now source the same exact ingredient from autralian-based herbalists and i've continued to treat my pets once a day with the same amount for a great deal less the cost with the same results.

plaque off in my view is no longer the 'be all, end all' in the struggle to maintain good oral health and a benefit [including for humans taking the supplement] is the distinct lack of halitosis!

for those wanting to use the product and choosing instead to source it locally, don't be inclined to 'over dose' with the product simply because it is presented differently; it is the same, no matter how you look at it or administer it. it contains high levels of iodine and in that regard, you really must do your own research in order to fully understand and appreciate the pros and cons.

hi trishm, i'm not online all that much, so sorry for the delay :)

the active ingredient in plaque off is 'ascophyllum nodosum': plugging that into google brings up any number of links that helps you learn more about the product and how you can acquire it.

there's also this link that takes you to the original plaque remover thread [clicking the link should take you to pg 28 actually which provides several other links].

i bought mine thru austral herbs, but they require a minimum $50 order.

i hope that helps and good luck!

hi trishm, i'm not online all that much, so sorry for the delay :)

the active ingredient in plaque off is 'ascophyllum nodosum': plugging that into google brings up any number of links that helps you learn more about the product and how you can acquire it.

there's also this link that takes you to the original plaque remover thread [clicking the link should take you to pg 28 actually which provides several other links].

i bought mine thru austral herbs, but they require a minimum $50 order.

i hope that helps and good luck!

Thanks for that information, I'll investigate :)