This Is Just Wrong On So Many Levels!

tdierikx

Yea, that was the impression I also had Krislin, I just didn't want to say "they looked like they were playing" :p

The picture of his injuries does not look very serious to me, I have seen a sheep disembowled by dogs before, and it took about 30 seconds for that to happen. I can not imagine that the dogs were too serious at this stage. Still unacceptable, obviously, just makes the onlookers seem more cowardly rather than rightfully concerned for their own safety in my eyes.

Are you serious BJ ???? Playing??? Where is the roll eye thingy!

Are you saying that these dogs who bailed up this guy in the video and inflicted wounds (some or at least one) which required SURGERY is play??

Seriously, you must have a screw loose! and then you state "the pictures of his injuries does not look very serious to me" Then you bang on about sheep in a country area as oposed to four dogs in a suburban area attacking?

Feck!!!!!!!!!!

What are you on? I for one would like to know!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Faaar out, I just watched the video. :eek:

All I can say is those dogs weren't playing, they were becoming aroused, in a pack. That man was very lucky to have a barrier behind him and be strong enough to stay on his feet.

It seems they were warming up, I think he is lucky - well in a manner of speaking - that the dogs were grabbed before they got more serious. It looked like they were testing the waters, looking for their in. Without anyone around I think it would have gotten much nastier. He is a very lucky man.

It seems they were warming up, I think he is lucky - well in a manner of speaking - that the dogs were grabbed before they got more serious. It looked like they were testing the waters, looking for their in. Without anyone around I think it would have gotten much nastier. He is a very lucky man.

That makes sense to me. NicB I was the one who initially said it almost looked like the dogs were playing, but I didn't think they were. I dont think Blackjaq meant they were either. Oso's description seems likely though.

It was so strange for me to see dogs behaving like this towards a human. :(

I didn't see 5 vicious dogs repeatedly attacking a man.

I saw one dog tugging on the man's shirt or jacket, and several times the dog who was behind and was wagging its tail, nosed the man's hand.

There may be other footage, but it doesn't excuse DOL becoming as sensationalist as the media which just repeats the error.

I sometimes wonder if people who come in and post on these dog attack threads have ever witnessed an attack and/or ever been attacked or seen the results of an attack. So often these threads disintegrate into name calling, protesting what breed the dogs are, whether they were serious, etc etc etc.

To the poster who said the injuries didn't look serious, well words fail me. Even if a person hasn't been bitten, can you try to imagine how totally terrifying it would be to be bailed up by one large dog, let alone 4.

Regarding injuries: I was bitten by a Maltese Cross some years ago. I had on a long sleeved cuffed jacket and was bitten through that. Even with that protection, my wrist required seven stitches and I still have the scars, and probably always will have, from several punture marks. And this was a Maltese Cross. I hate to think what my wrist would have been like had the dog been a large breed and totally out of control like the poor little dog was.

As for people who stand by and watch, I have witnessed that, not heard it second or third hand and to this day, I will never understand. I won't go into all the details and ramifications, but briefly an assistance dog was attacked by a Rottweiler on the footpath outside my house in Summer Hill. The owner of the Rottweiler stood in her front yard and watched it while the owner of the assistance dog and her adult son tried to hold their dog away from the Rottweiler and screamed for help. Other neighbours across the road just stood watching. Can you imagine what those people went through, the woman was blind FFS!!! And no one came to help until I heard the commotion and went to see what was going on.

I did intervene, absolutely terrified, got the Rottweiler off the Golden and took the people to the emergency vet at Strathfield. The next time I saw a Rottweiler, I nearly fainted LOL.

Not telling this story to self aggrandise as some might want to suggest, just to say that I've seen the lack of response first hand and it is a damned horrible thing to know that people are like that.

I saw one dog tugging on the man's shirt or jacket, and several times the dog who was behind and was wagging its tail, nosed the man's hand.

There may be other footage, but it doesn't excuse DOL becoming as sensationalist as the media which just repeats the error.

Here we go. Media beat up.

Frankly, I find it hard to not get passionate about someone being bailed up by several large dogs. Hard to imagine a much more terrifying situation.

What a shame the man wasn't mauled to death, then maybe it would be worth getting a bit heated and passionate about it, hey?

Why don't you try it and see how you fare.

Frankly, I find it hard to not get passionate about someone being bailed up by several large dogs. Hard to imagine a much more terrifying situation.

What a shame the man wasn't mauled to death, then maybe it would be worth getting a bit heated and passionate about it, hey?

Good point but not admissible in Court based on the evidence presented here.

It could have been set up.

Maybe he hurt his arm somewhere else, knew the dogs, and is stiching someone up to pay the costs.

Maybe he hurt his arm somewhere else, knew the dogs, and is stiching someone up to pay the costs.

Huh :confused::confused:

Huh :confused::confused:

A Tralee post that makes no sense. Inconceivable! :laugh:

A wagging tail means a dog is aroused and should never be focused on without taking all the other body language into account.

I have had reasonable marks and bruises from playing with dogs I have had reasonable marks from not particularly hard contact.

It is very feasible that this man had some very decent injuries even if the dogs at that point were not dead set on trying to kill him.

To have dogs of that size and number coming at you would be terrifying!

Edited by OSoSwift

What an odd thing to say. :confused:

Anyway, yeah..because DOL chat and a grainy video is clearly all they'll present in court ... and I'm sure a good solicitor will be able to prove that the guy owned the dogs himself, paid the witnesses not to interfere, and was just trying to get a few days sick leave from work.

:hitself: resisting the urge to say more because I've seen these posts before and they seem to be on a different plane of existence.

That makes sense to me. NicB I was the one who initially said it almost looked like the dogs were playing, but I didn't think they were. I dont think Blackjaq meant they were either. Oso's description seems likely though.

It was so strange for me to see dogs behaving like this towards a human. :(

I agree Kirslin, OSO has said it so well.

It was more the comment about the injuries that disturbed me.

An attack, esspecially when dogs are in a pack is hideous. One of my dogs and I were attacked not too long ago. Just as I fended two off the third came in from behind.

Oh dear....

There's no way I (just on 5ft female) would have been hopping out of my car to assist the man, I am not a specimin of fleetness or fitness and would have ended up bitten as well I'd suspect. I would, however, have tried to drive as close as possible so he could have climbed on my vehicle.

They are the biggest AST I have ever seen - wonder what they're crossed with?

I think the video footage should be useful for when the case goes to court.

Lol,

Now where is the sensationalism??