Senile Delinquent!

persephone

Our dear old Caillie

post-1359-0-68849400-1369781898_thumb.jpg

Who turns 14 this year is such a senile delinquent!!

She can't see or hear terribly well ..and comes across as such a sweet , slightly vague old girl ..

HA!

The past couple of weeks have been interesting ;)

A new bag of cat food stolen out the boot of the car and ripped into ..while I was carrying other things to the wheelbarrow to take inside ...

My bro's special travel coffee mug stolen from the front of the ute ( poor arthritic old girl ..can't jump anymore ;) ) and taken to her kennel - we looked for a couple of days until I found her asleep alongside it!

The odd very dead body parts of animals dragged home from nearby paddocks ....

And the latest - last night I found her curled up and warm under a tree on my Bro's leather motorbike jacket - something for which we have turned everything upside down looking for over the past few days!!!

:D

Of course we are happy she can still get up to mischief ;)

Do you have a senile delinquent?

My sbt girl played rough right up to her last day (just shy of 17). Instead of running around though she would plant her butt on the carpet and swivel, making the younger one do the running while she just provided the bitey face. Plus of course she was getting some carpet action on the tush at the same time!

And she was nosey right to the end as well, barging her way through the crowd to try and see what the excitement was even though her sight was down to just shadows.

We can all hope to still be so engaged in life at their ages!

They do go back to their second childhood, just like humans with dementia. Our old TT boy started playing with the fluffy toys, and he was not a dog who ever played with anything even as a pup, so it was funny to watch him being silly with the toys.