Dog Attack In Brisbane - Toddler In Hospital

arjay

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the news report the dog belonged to the son of the woman and she was looking after it at the same time as babysitting her grandchild. The dog was let in to the room where the child was and the attack occurred. People really should take extreme care letting any dog around small children - especially if the dog is not accustomed to children. I have a small - very placid - dog and would not leave him around a small child.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/dog-attacks-toddler-20130529-2nb68.html

Another sad case for the 3 yr old Rotty, that was put down this afternoon.

Yes, another sad attack and not far from where I live. It makes me even sadder when our Mayor has already appeared on TV blaming the breed and asking when people will be "sensible" and not have these dangerous breeds when they have small children

As the owner of a German Shepherd comments like that from our Mayor are cruel and ill-informed ........ and will not help the situation :mad

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/dog-attacks-toddler-20130529-2nb68.html

Yes, another sad attack and not far from where I live. It makes me even sadder when our Mayor has already appeared on TV blaming the breed and asking when people will be "sensible" and not have these dangerous breeds when they have small children

As the owner of a German Shepherd comments like that from our Mayor are cruel and ill-informed ........ and will not help the situation :mad

I heard this on the radio as I was driving home from work. Very sad that he made those comments. Not at all what I expected a man of his standing to say.

I heard this on the radio as I was driving home from work. Very sad that he made those comments. Not at all what I expected a man of his standing to say.

No, not something I would have expected either. I'm now a little concerned as to whether he takes this any further than just a comment to a reporter

No, not something I would have expected either. I'm now a little concerned as to whether he takes this any further than just a comment to a reporter

That must have been a different interview to what I saw. He was quite measured and mentioned it was sad for the family and its pet - maybe he had a re-think in later interviews?

I also saw the dog in the pound in the "savage dog" pen. He was a lovely looking dog and very calm.

Poor little kid - I hope he is not left with bad scarring.

That must have been a different interview to what I saw. He was quite measured and mentioned it was sad for the family and its pet - maybe he had a re-think in later interviews?

I also saw the dog in the pound in the "savage dog" pen. He was a lovely looking dog and very calm.

Poor little kid - I hope he is not left with bad scarring.

I found the shot of the dog so, so sad - I know some truly lovely Rotties. Apparently it has already been pts.

And yes the baby and ALSO the family who will be very traumatised by this very sad day :(

sad for the rotty? what about the toddler????

Of course its a tragedy to see any child get hurt like that.

There should be something done to the owners who let their dogs loose like this. And a rehab program for dogs. Just not fair.

According to the news report the dog belonged to the son of the woman and she was looking after it at the same time as babysitting her grandchild. The dog was let in to the room where the child was and the attack occurred.

How did the council get involved when it was basically their own dog.......must have dobbed in their own dog then :confused:

When will people not take on an animal if they don't have the time to raise it to be well adjusted. My best friends dog attacked their son, she was in denial that it was their fault but I basically told them, the dog was confused, didn't understand it's place in the pack, etc, etc(which it didn't, I'd been telling them that for a long time because they just weren't putting ewnough effort into raising him right, he was well cared for, just not properly disciplined). Even after the kid was bitten they still didn't get it until about three weeks later it got through to them and the dog was placed with a friend of theirs with no children who got in a behaviourist, etc. Theirs wasn't one of the breeds that always get the bad rap, it was a curly coated retriever.

Yes

Ok, so they could have saved the dog by telling the hospital that the offending dog was unknown to them? The women does two stupid things in that case, lets a dog she probably isn't fully aware of the dogs character into a room with a toddler then serves the dog up on a plate to get PTS :mad

Yes

Ok, so they could have saved the dog by telling the hospital that the offending dog was unknown to them? The women does two stupid things in that case, lets a dog she probably isn't fully aware of the dogs character into a room with a toddler then serves the dog up on a plate to get PTS :mad

So you don't think a dog that savaged a child's head should be put to sleep?

I do. I'm someone who loves dogs more than most, who spends a lot of money saving the unwanted from pounds, getting them back to good health and rehoming at a loss but if any of them did anything like that, I would euthanase them. That is vicious and unacceptable behaviour.

And the owners should never get dogs or have dogs in their general vicinity again, they are obviously completely dumb and therefore a danger to themselves.