I Feel Proud When

SeeGee

When my beagles trot at my heels as I work around our 1.5acres. They are happy to be with me.

When I open my gate every day and they don't (maybe 2 times in 1.5 yrs) go near it, they have no interest in leaving the property.

When all I have to say is "in your crate!" and both of them run to their respective crates and settle in.

It was tough going at the start, but now it's just wonderful. No, they aren't perfect, but they still make me proud!

I feel proud when my cat stops mid-jump onto the kitchen bench because I said no! Hehe.

Doggie wise.. I'm proud that mine will stand perfectly still for me when I wipe each muddy paw before going inside. We never even had to train the behaviour. And the first time I sat in his dog bed to see his reaction, he just walked over and pressed up against my leg and went to sleep. It's always the little things that gets me.

I feel proud (and guilty), when in the haze of a hang over, I feed Jager breakfast and forget to give his release word. I wonder off to the bathroom, put the kettle on and collapse in front of the tv only to realise he is still sitting waiting patiently for me to give the word so he can eat.

I feel proud when we walk past another dog and kiesha doesn't react :thumbsup:

I also feel proud after a big night out both dogs just snooze the day away with me when normally they would be up and at it, ready to go at 5am :thumbsup:

I also feel proud after a big night out both dogs just snooze the day away with me when normally they would be up and at it, ready to go at 5am :thumbsup:

Thats a good one. Jager does the same.

I feel proud when my puppy met a small oodle puppy that was the same size as her that was snarling and yapping in her face and her only reaction was to quietly and very politely lie down and invite it to play.

I feel proud when strangers comment on how well behaved/trained my girls are! Even if it's followed by '... for small dogs' :laugh:

Occasionally it does happen - once we got that compliment from a man I've seen walking with his perfectly heeling dogs, that was the ultimate proud moment.

When in the midst of fleeing Guinea Pigs - one who run rght between the front legs of my Whippet then bolted away - that when I roared leave it, they did and backed a good 6 feet away and watched me catching said piggies who's house had flipped over in a sudden willy willy.

Never thought they would respond that well EVER. Proud mummy moment :)

I feel proud when my crazy puppy can do an awesome session of bite work, give 110% of herself whenever I ask her to, but will also sit calmly and submissively while kids pat her and will dial down her drive so they can play ball with her. I feel proud that she has a super high prey drive but will snuggle on the lounge next to my cat. And I am super proud she can chill inside with me and can sleep on my bed as at one stage I wasn't sure I could trust her in a room with my eyes closed :laugh:

I was so proud of my little Tibetan Spaniel girls when we rounded a corner at the pet supplies store & walked bang into a huge Tibetan Mastiff.

My girls stopped & did a gentle sniff.... then it was light bulb moment. Their tails started to wag .... 'You're a fellow countryman!

I'm also proud of them last thing at night when they're lying in their comfy beds, sound asleep. I only have to say, 'Toilet, ladies!'. And they stagger to their feet, still half asleep, and toddle downstairs to go to the toot.

Edited by mita

I feel proud when my crazy puppy can do an awesome session of bite work, give 110% of herself whenever I ask her to, but will also sit calmly and submissively while kids pat her and will dial down her drive so they can play ball with her. I feel proud that she has a super high prey drive but will snuggle on the lounge next to my cat. And I am super proud she can chill inside with me and can sleep on my bed as at one stage I wasn't sure I could trust her in a room with my eyes closed :laugh:

You paint a great picture there Huski :)

Excuse me for diverting for a moment but what happened to that thread 'What do your pets do to embarass you?' It seemed to disappear and maybe got trolled or something :confused:

As for pride, I feel proud simply to have my breed as a lot of people have never seen a papillon in real life.I particularly feel proud when he sits on my lap at the coffee shop and entertains the passersby including some homeless people who love the warm reception he gives them :)

Excuse me for diverting for a moment but what happened to that thread 'What do your pets do to embarass you?' It seemed to disappear and maybe got trolled or something :confused:

As for pride, I feel proud simply to have my breed as a lot of people have never seen a papillon in real life.I particularly feel proud when he sits on my lap at the coffee shop and entertains the passersby including some homeless people who love the warm reception he gives them :)

Not sure about the thread?

Your little pap sounds wonderful :)

You paint a great picture there Huski :)

So did you SG sounds like you are doing a great job with he beags!

It's since we moved out to acreage. It's changed them! It's all happened naturally. I'm proud, but we made some life changes that have paid off.....not to mention a wonderful behaviorist.

Guest Clover

I feel proud when we are in a training class and others dogs are playing up, or attempting to play and my pea brain BC girl just sticks with me and watches my every move with her tail wagging. I also feel proud that I only have to show her new tricks and commands once and she gets it :laugh:.

I felt very proud, and relieved, in obedience class last week when the instructor asked us to tell our dog to stay, drop the lead then walk around the person next to us, then around our dog. Never did I think Meeka would stay there. I walked away with my back to her and you can't imagine how proud I was hen I came around and saw her still sitting there looking at me .

She has come a long way from the puppy who would lunge to play with every passing dog

My puppy is only 10.5 weeks old, but he's very well behaved even when upset. He finds ways to calm himself down when put in his pen, sits calmly when meeting new people, and when getting brushed or combed.

He learned "Sit" very quickly but I'm very inexperienced, so looking forward to puppy school starting on Tuesday and seeing how that goes.

It's not much, and it might be common to most puppies, but it still fills me with pride.