Reggie At Linear Park

GeorgieB

Hey guys I took some shots of Reggie down at the park today.

I have two screens on my PC and as I was editing the photos today (I'm no expert laugh.gif) I noticed one screen is a slightly warmer or a bit more saturated than the other. I edit on the cooler/less saturated one which makes them look over done on the other screen.

That's got me wondering which is correct or perhaps they are both wrong..

Do these look over saturated to you? Is there a way to set my monitors so they are correct?

DSCN0014_zpsece38057.jpg

DSCN0013_zpsf9acac2d.jpg

DSCN0082_zps7d82d0db.jpg

DSCN0052_zps0edbb170.jpg

DSCN0198_zps1c745523.jpg

DSCN0194_zps44c0c4ae.jpg

Edited by GeorgieB

The colours look good to me :) So how many times a week do you have to explain that Reggie is not a border collie?? lol

As for the monitors, I think if you search the tips and hints thread there is some stuff in there on calibrating a monitor.

Lol at the not correcting...

I hardly ever correct people if they think my dog is a boy even after she rolls over and does her dead cockroach - pat my tummy thing - for them. I figure it doesn't matter much and tonight she cocked her leg on a daisy bush - so it's going to be even harder for people to get it right unless they check properly.

As for the monitor colours - you can adjust via the display settings - if you've got windoze - a right click on the desk top and then choose display or "graphics properties" and see if you can find the brightness, colour and contrast settings in there.

There is a colour adjustment that goes on from when you step inside from outdoors, and also from sunny to shady... I find if I exaggerate the colour for sunny outdoor pictures - when I bring them inside or print them - they look more like how I remember.

If I actually match the colours by hand when I'm outside - by using pencils or paint - when I bring that picture inside - it looks really dull. Because it's not in the sun like when I made it.

So it's a very subjective thing. for pictures of outside sunny places - I think brighter and louder is better - or looks more right when I'm inside looking at the picture.

Atleast aussies and borders are both beautiful breeds so it's not too much of an insult LOL

I must admit I'd probably stand there with a puzzled look on my face thinking that she might have been a border but something wasn't right about her shape and then the penny would drop LOL

Beautiful photos, the second last one is just the cutest!

The colours look fine (on iPad) I tend to like photo colours a little more saturated than normal but seriously they look pretty spot on to me!

Thanks guys! :) looks like ill stick to my lighter monitor and try to adjust my stronger one to be the same.

MRB - thanks for the info! I have the same issue everyone thinks Reggie is a boy because of her name hehe. Poor girl is going to have a complex! :laugh:

Awesome shots Georgie, I must admit when I first saw a photo of Reggie I thought she was a BC, but after meeting the Aussies I can see the difference, plus that grin is so Aussie haha :laugh:

Guest Clover

Love the photos and think the colours look nice. Also I always thought Reggie was a BC :o.

Edited by Clover