Adelaide Royal Quick Question

cassie

Hello to the experienced showies! :) Just doing my online entry for the Adelaide Royal. I am only entering one baby puppy. There is the option to add a single day general admission pass onto the fee. Now my OH and I both want to attend, but does entering a dog give one of us an automatic entry? So I would only need to pay for one additional pass? Hope this makes sense and sorry if it's a silly question.

Many thanks!

It is always possible to pre purchase admission tickets for Melbourne Royal Show.

I think Woolworths, any train station, either Ticketmaster or Ticketek too.

When it gets closer, just watch papers etc

Yes, but they generally won't let you use those tickets to get into the dog section in the early morning, you have to wait and go in through the front gates. Not much help if your breed is first on.

It is always possible to pre purchase admission tickets for Melbourne Royal Show.

I think Woolworths, any train station, either Ticketmaster or Ticketek too.

When it gets closer, just watch papers etc

Yes, but they generally won't let you use those tickets to get into the dog section in the early morning, you have to wait and go in through the front gates. Not much help if your breed is first on.

I've used bought tickets just about every year for either me or my mum, as we usually only enter one or two dogs, and we've never had any problems getting in early.

• 4 weeks later...

Another question, also posted in the FAQ thread:

Question about the Adelaide Royal - I'm hoping I haven't made a big mistake :( Are baby puppies ONLY judged on the baby puppy day? In this case Sunday 8th Sept 2013? Or can you enter them on their actual breed day AS WELL? In this case Saints are on Tuesday 10th Sept 2013. I've entered Sumo only on the Sunday, now I'm wondering if we could have/should have done both days? Thoughts? Thanks.

They used to be only on the Sunday. The way the online entry thing was setup and worded this time though made me wonder if they are now doing them on breed day. My girl is in Puppy so I never looked any further into it. But it does sound like they are having babies on breed day as well.

I wouldn't worry too much if it is and you did mis out - 2 days with only 1 in between at the Show would be a lot for a baby. And Sunday is usually a bit more relaxed and social so probably a better day for a baby anyway.