Vet Recommendations For South West Brisbane?

WeimMe

I am looking to change vets as mine is just about impossible to get into, even in an emergency situation which I think is unacceptable. Does anyone living in the South West Brissie area have an amazing vet, that doesn't charge and arm and a leg that they could recommend?

If such a thing exits, a clinic that will care for sick animals overnight instead of palming them off to the Animal Emergency Clinic would be ideal, but at this stage I would be happy just to be able to find somewhere that has great staff who are willing to see your pet when they are very ill and understand the concept of triage. I'm willing to travel for 30 minutes from Forest Lake.

Guest donatella

If you would head towards Redlands way Koala Park Vet clinic (Victoria Point) are wonderful and get amazing reviews! So cheap but their care is second to none. Jo and her husband own it and try and get in to see one of them if you can. I forget her husbands name! I used to travel from Morningside to see them, they're the best I've found and mum has been using them for 16 years with her dogs.

Not sure if its too far a drive though in terms of Forest Lake.

Edited by donatella

I used to go to Springfield Lakes Pet and Vet. The team was wonderful with all of my animals and they used to give a CCCq discount.

I know someone who uses this vet too and has nothing but praise for them - and yes I've seen their ad offering CCQ discount. I didn't know they were available 24/7 ........ not saying they don't just wondering?

I go to Springfield District vet - not sure if that's different to the ones mentioned above? The staff are all lovely!

I know they usually have a vet in the hospital until 10pm, and from 7am, and they have vets on call all weekend.

I go to Springfield District vet - not sure if that's different to the ones mentioned above? The staff are all lovely!

I know they usually have a vet in the hospital until 10pm, and from 7am, and they have vets on call all weekend.

Are they available after 10.00? they're not far from my place (closer than Booval) but advertise a/hrs to 10.00, so not sure if they're available AFTER?

I don't think they are. In an emergency Booval would be a better bet. I've had to leave my pup overnight when he was on fluids, and I believe it's unattended from 10pm to 7am.

I think if a pet is unstable after that they must have an arrangement for a 24hr vet to take over - possibly even Booval?

I used to go to Springfield Lakes Pet and Vet. The team was wonderful with all of my animals and they used to give a CCCq discount.

I know someone who uses this vet too and has nothing but praise for them - and yes I've seen their ad offering CCQ discount. I didn't know they were available 24/7 ........ not saying they don't just wondering?

No they don't do the after hours, but if you need it, they will talk to the after hours vets for you. But they hold really long hours 7am - 7pm I think. And there has been times where I have rung them just after 7pm and the vet would talk to me well after that. They looked after my fur kids fantastically!!

If you would head towards Redlands way Koala Park Vet clinic (Victoria Point) are wonderful and get amazing reviews! So cheap but their care is second to none. Jo and her husband own it and try and get in to see one of them if you can. I forget her husbands name! I used to travel from Morningside to see them, they're the best I've found and mum has been using them for 16 years with her dogs.

Not sure if its too far a drive though in terms of Forest Lake.

I second these vets (his name is Kevin, Donatella) If you make an appointment always ask to see either Kevin or Jo.

Kevin saved Penny when she had a lump of pig-trotter cartilage stuck in her oesophagus, it was stuck right at the end and very difficult to get out without opening her up.

eta...it's about 46k's from Forest Lake

post-26505-0-78371900-1373929379_thumb.png

Edited by Boronia

No they don't do the after hours, but if you need it, they will talk to the after hours vets for you. But they hold really long hours 7am - 7pm I think. And there has been times where I have rung them just after 7pm and the vet would talk to me well after that. They looked after my fur kids fantastically!!

I prefer a 24/7 vet because I have lost a dog to bloat - the vet needs to be available any time of the day or night. You can't spend time trying to find a vet and unfortunately bloat often happens in the middle of the night. The reason I was interested is because Springfield Lakes are even closer than Booval :)

I used to use this clinic as well and never had a problem with them - I've moved now so don't go there any more. I don't think there are any 24hr vets in your area and the closest ones are UQ St Lucia or there is one in Calamvale as well I think.