Bloody Psycho Eat Anything Whippet/s!

Kirislin

I cant believe what at least one of them, possibly 2 have done. I had to go out for about half an hour in a hurry and entrusted them to have access to the kitchen. Someone raided the compost tub, which had tops and tails of onions, zucchinis, eggplant, onion and garlic skins, avocado SEED!!!!! and the seed body of 2 capsicums. It's all gone! eaten! The only things they didn't eat where the stalks of tomatoes and the avocado peel. I'm worried about the avo seed, that cannot be good for them. Bloody maniac dogs. :mad

I'd keep an eye on them as the seed could get lodged in the next few days. Avocado does contain a chemical that is toxic to some species of animals (in ruminants and birds it will/can cause death) but its effects can range in cats and dogs and is generally a lot less severe. I'd be more concerned about it getting lodged and causing a blockage. Call your vet if you are at all concerned though.

Edited by mixeduppup

I'd keep an eye on them as the seed could get lodged in the next few days. Avocado does contain a chemical that is toxic to some species of animals (in ruminants and birds it will/can cause death) but its effects can range in cats and dogs and is generally a lot less severe. I'd be more concerned about it getting lodged and causing a blockage. Call your vet if you are at all concerned though.

yep that's my concern too, I'll be watching them like a hawk, dumb dog/s.

We had an avocado farm, and the dog used to eat the seeds regularly... never did him any harm.

I'd be more worried about the onion stuff actually...

You are going to get the nastiest farts tonight... but hopefully that will be the worst of it.

T.

You might find the seed around the house somewhere. Mine tend to take their loot to a quiet place and then figure out what to do with it.

A nice meal of fibre might help move things along...'

And yes, bloody Whippets - both thieves and gutses!! :mad:

You might find the seed around the house somewhere. Mine tend to take their loot to a quiet place and then figure out what to do with it.

A nice meal of fibre might help move things along...'

And yes, bloody Whippets - both thieves and gutses!! :mad:

:laugh: You know what they're like for sure. I thought the same thing and went shaking out blankets and other bedding. Haven't found it but it might even be outside. They've stolen avocado seeds before and licked them clean but never eaten one so I'm hoping that's the case. Then again, they've never eaten capsicum cores or eggplant before either. (I would insert mr rollyeyes here if we still had him)

Oh no, I think you will need to wear a gas mask for a few days :laugh:

Seriously, I know you will be watching them carefully, and I am sure they will end up okay, but it is scary, and annoying, when this sort of thing happens. I am guessing you will find the avocado seed will have been stashed somewhere safe from us humans who love to steal their treasures....

Good luck and I hope to hear good news soon.

Di