Teething Toy Recommendations?

Steph M

Hello! Wondering what everyone's all time favourite teething toys are?

We have a wealth of frozen chicken wings, meaty bones and chews out the wazoo but any links to especially hardy teething toys would be much appreciated as the little guy is pretty strong already and growing like a weed.

Gus loves his toys....we haven't lost one to the teeth yet, but he's getting harder and harder on them so time for a few new, hardcore ones.

We have a freezer full of doggie bones and meat. Actually buying a chest freezer JUST for him. Sigh.

Have to agree on the cardboard though, and the forbidden things. Namely my jammie pants and socks, the door snake (now retired) and runners.

Everything lives in the laundry now. Haha, my house has never been less cluttered!

The last lot of antlers I had, smelt when they got chewed & wet, so I tried cow hooves & they were worse. I was wanting something they could chew inside, but both were too smelly once they were slobbered on. :(

I got Saxon an antler piece from PetStock to try, he's not into bones and it shows on his teeth but he liked the antler! It didn't go smelly for me either. May have to try them for everyone but I'll look online, the bigger ones for the other dogs will be pricey at PetStock.

Odd, Nova has had his for 2 weeks now, doesn't smell at all he chews on it every day. Can you get dodgy antlers? I got mine from Petstock.

The ones I got on-line were lovely big ones that were full of marrow stuff & I think it was this that went smelly. The first lot they had were smaller & harder & hardly smelt at all. They lasted for many months until they got too small & I tossed them

The last lot of antlers I had, smelt when they got chewed & wet, so I tried cow hooves & they were worse. I was wanting something they could chew inside, but both were too smelly once they were slobbered on. :(

Gus is pretty slobbery, are your guys more drooly too? Perhaps that's it?

So just went onto the Petstock website to find antlers. Do you guys get the "spilt" one or the "naturally shed" ones? I cant give Jager pigs ears but he is fine with Venison ears so i thought i would try antlers as i cannot give him other big bones to chew on.

Gus is pretty slobbery, are your guys more drooly too? Perhaps that's it?

No, its just the action of sucking & knawing away at the end, naturally gets it wet & smelly.

Petstock antlers treated with preservatives maybe? Just a thought...haven't tried them...sounds delish :laugh: Frozen carrots have been good but she goes through several big hunks of carrot a day...would love a more permanent solution :p

I've never lost so many 'teething' toys with my current pup! I'd love to know of a bombproof one. I've tried the nylabone flavoured fish...that lasted a few hours. I've heard the original nylabones are good?

Edited by BCNut