Att. Groomers!

ish

Help! Indi (5mth old GSD) has had this 'wild' fur problem for the last maybe couple of months, but it seems to be getting worse! She's got her first show coming up in May :)

I've never seen anything like it, she is a bit of a water baby but she doesnt have access to the clam everyday and I've never seen her sleeping on her back to squash the fur up this way or anything? She's a strange pup, her other best trick is to hide her bones and kong in the water bucket so a few days later when I go to change it she has a nice marinated bone and I'm :)

post-22-1113550571.jpg

he he he its soooo cute,

I had a cockers coat do this...called it "party hair days"

best way to fix it for a show is to dampen down the coat..put a coat on him that is SATIN lined and leave on over night..

Works every time

Julia

An update on Indi's 'wild fur":

I decided to give the coating idea (suggested by Gunoush :laugh: ) a go because I remember when I was helping a friend with her Goldies this worked well for her too. Seeing as I'm not much chop at sewing, I bought a Weatherbeeta coat for her from Horseland. At least its well made and wasn't very expensive at $29.95. I sewed satin inside over the sheepskin to make her all nice and shiney and FLAT like suggested.

This afternoon I wetted her coat down, put on the new coat and had a play with her for about an hour (HEAPs of photos to come in the photo section) and check out the difference it made in that short time :

coat6.jpg

coat7.jpg

So thanks for the help, I'm sure if I leave it on her in the car on the way to the show she'll be perfect by the time we get there.

Does anyone know how I can stop the coat from slding down towards her head when she leans over to pick up a toy? Like a tail strap or something? :D

Easiest way to keep it still is probably to make it the same as a horse rug - they usually have two straps which run crossed over between the back legs... easiest way to describe them is to attach one side of the strap about and inch infront of her back legs (near her belly), and the other side to the OPPOSITE side of the blanketat the back of her OTHER leg. Obviously you'll need to put some of those click-in fastener things (don't know what they're called) so you can undo them easily and stuff.