Homes For Hounds - Nsw

What does the collar look like that says they've passed assessment?

I've seen 6 greys in the space of 2 days, no muzzle and no special looking collars or tags. Do you have to provide an adopter with a muzzle?

Ages ago one guy insisted you didn't need them in my council anymore. Haven't checked with the ranger yet but they are getting more popular with the apartment people and I'm starting to wonder where they are all coming from when not a single one is muzzled.

Thanks Minimax, just found them too. So from a quick read it seems the group isn't perhaps brilliant, and are now operating in NSW rather than Victoria?

Just checked their FB, yes they have moved to Sydney.

There are some photos of the NSW green collars here:

http://www.greenhounds.com.au/what-is-a-greenhound.html

Basically a greyhound in NSW has to wear this collar or a muzzle.

Minimax, do you think their practices have improved since Greylvr was posting here in December?

I've had no personal experience with them lately, luckily. Based on past experience they were not nice people. The DOL hate page they set up was just charming.

They don't mention greencollars, and do tell people that some of their dogs don't have to wear muzzles in public.

Edited by minimax

"....needs another foster or adoptive home. Is a great dog listens well but is a bit rough when it comes to little dogs. She is three months old so will need training, let me know if you're interested. She's not earmarked so is just like every other dog, can visit dog parks and doesn't have to wear a muzzle in public."

From their fb. What does "not earmarked" mean?

"....needs another foster or adoptive home. Is a great dog listens well but is a bit rough when it comes to little dogs. She is three months old so will need training, let me know if you're interested. She's not earmarked so is just like every other dog, can visit dog parks and doesn't have to wear a muzzle in public."

huh?? :confused: Sounds like a crock.

edit, just found this. No tattoo is not an exemption My link

Edited by Powerlegs

It's a commonly abused means of avoiding the law, along with claiming the dog is a greyhound cross whippet. In my opinion, people who refuse to accept (and respect) greyhounds for what they are should not be rescuing or offering advice to the public. It's not enough to just like greyhounds.

Wonderful. NOT

I wouldn't run my Whippets with little dogs in dog parks - and they LIVE with them!!

I've met this person in the flesh, and she's really quite a lovely lady... maybe if people have an issue with what she's saying, they could approach her and do so in a friendly manner... seriously, she won't bite...

T.

I've met this person in the flesh, and she's really quite a lovely lady... maybe if people have an issue with what she's saying, they could approach her and do so in a friendly manner... seriously, she won't bite...

T.

Really? The hate page she had going on all of us said very differently.