Homes For Hounds - Nsw

I've met this person in the flesh, and she's really quite a lovely lady... maybe if people have an issue with what she's saying, they could approach her and do so in a friendly manner... seriously, she won't bite...

T.

Weasling around laws to the detriment of your reputation and the breed you love. And abusing people who gave her advice on DOL isn't lovely. It wouldn't inspire me to approach her at all.

I've met this person in the flesh, and she's really quite a lovely lady... maybe if people have an issue with what she's saying, they could approach her and do so in a friendly manner... seriously, she won't bite...

T.

she already has a proven track record with how she regards any helpful advice. She's a nutter and doing greyhounds no favours at all.

T.

Really? The hate page she had going on all of us said very differently.

Dolers were posting hate posts on other dolers too. A very ugly page!

T.

I am with everyone else here - I approached her by PM nicely and without judgement, while that whole thread was self destructing and all I got back was my rescue posted on the hate page and accused of all sorts of false stuff

total and complete nutter who I wouldnt stop to spit on if she was on fire!

Edited by Hollys mummy

T.

she already has a proven track record with how she regards any helpful advice. She's a nutter and doing greyhounds no favours at all.

I'm afraid I have to agree with this. I was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt and contributed some information on how to do things properly but as happened to others, that advice was completely ignored. How lovely someone is really has nothing to do with rescue anyway- I probably don't come across as being a lovely, cuddly person but I work damn hard at what I do for the sake of my breed and it shits me endlessly to see people (however "lovely" they may be) charging in and doing stuff that jeopardises all the hard work of people who do things the right way. People like that, in my opinion, are selfish and lazy. They don't bother worrying about consequences and I suspect some of them couldn't give two f***s beyond their own egos.

Her attitude to all the good advice she was given was atrocious. So was the sick feeling I had when I heard a whisper she was working for that pound rounds 'sanctuary'.

There's good reason I don't come into Rescue forum much any more.

"....needs another foster or adoptive home. Is a great dog listens well but is a bit rough when it comes to little dogs. She is three months old so will need training, let me know if you're interested. She's not earmarked so is just like every other dog, can visit dog parks and doesn't have to wear a muzzle in public."

From their fb. What does "not earmarked" mean?

She's actually much more approachable in the flesh, and can take constructive criticism well... and she truly does look after her charges well and is very fussy about who they are rehomed to.

T.

Not above fudging the law though and worse - telling others they can do so.

My greys aren't earmarked either but they aren't exempt from the muzzling law.

It's not how nice she is in person or how well she can make you think she is taking things on board. It's her ethics that are in question and so far no one can reason with her on those. If she was as genuine as she pretends to be she would be open to improving. Breaking the law and encouraging others to do so just doesn't mean ethical to me. We don't have to be nice to do good rescue so her personality is pointless in this context.

Ted Bundy was quite lovely to those he didn't kill as well :laugh:

OMG my mum said this to me on the phone today when I told her that the police were looking for that neighbour and I said he was a dr and she a primary teacher and they seem lovely :laugh: Sorry OT :o

It's not how nice she is in person or how well she can make you think she is taking things on board. It's her ethics that are in question and so far no one can reason with her on those. If she was as genuine as she pretends to be she would be open to improving. Breaking the law and encouraging others to do so just doesn't mean ethical to me. We don't have to be nice to do good rescue so her personality is pointless in this context.

Absolutely, this person is doing the wrong thing by placing other dogs in danger.

And on the subject of nice people, how many seemingly "nice" people are out there mistreating their animals - thousands. It's what keeps rescuers busy.

T.

Really? The hate page she had going on all of us said very differently.

Dolers were posting hate posts on other dolers too. A very ugly page!

Yes, that whole thing was a complete joke, immature, nasty and quite sad really.