Home In Vic For Medium Sized, Older Female 6-8 Yrs

At the end of last year I was asked to find a dog fitting this description for my friend's partner who lives in VIC.

I came across a Bearded Collie in Canberra, in need of help. I'm familiar with the breed as a friend owns them, she went and met this lovely girl - Daisy - and brought her back to Sydney for vet work etc. Daisy was around 10 yrs of age and her owners couldn't keep her due to the rental situation.

She was a gentle and loving soul, still had plenty of life in her. Unexpectedly, she passed away in her sleep last weekend, having been in good health.

Anyhow, her owner is very sad and would like to adopt another dog (doesn't want to foster), similar to Daisy. He has a 15 yr old Corgi male who is quite grumpy (always has been) so an incoming dog must be good natured, up to about 20 kilos and around 6-8 yrs of age.

Another Beardie would be great but I've checked Petrescue, even for the ACT and NSW, and have found nothing suitable.

He is in rented but has had dogs for all their lives with no issue, whilst in rented.

Please let me know if you have a suitable dog - no pound dogs please unless they have been tried and tested, or background known and completely fit the requirements.

We currently have a 9 year old greyhound who is on the small side in foster care with a whippet. She is a lovely quiet older girl in good health looking for a home were she'll be inside a lot though still enjoys her walks & a play outside with the whippet sometimes.

Not a bearded collie I know but a lovely dog & an excellent companion. Slightly bigger than 20 kgs (about 25kgs).

Canberra Pooch Rescue have a boy called Benny.... who's got the strong look of a Tibetan Terrier-Lhasa Apso type. Gives him a reduced Bearded Collie look. Reading his description (this rescue provides brilliant info, IMO), he seems to have a nature like those breeds, too. Would he be too on the smaller side?

http://www.canberrapoochrescue.org.au/web/index.php/dogs/sd/331-benny

I have just today been asked to try and find a home for a very sweet five year old female Wolfhound cross. She is desexed and has had all work done ..She is being rehomed through no fault of her own and has lived with two small dogs all her life ..she has had no experience with cats. Like all Wolfies she has a vey mild gentle nature . She is white and fairly heavily coated but has been regularly groomed .She is not a tall dog about Labrador sized and is situated in Ambarvale Sydney. if this lovely girl would be suitable please pm me for her details.

Of course if there is anyone else who would be interested in this girl please contact me by private message.

Also could anyone put me in contact with any group in Sydney that does Wolfhound rescue or rehoming.

I have pics taken today if anyone is interested...Could send to mobiles. Cant post here from mynipad unfortunately...

Edited by Liebhunde

• 2 weeks later...

Dogmad, I will know more early next week. I am at the end of a long chain of communication, but a colleague of one of our client's has a daughter who is taking an overseas posting in the New Year. Apparently she has a Bearded Collie, a little older than you specified, I believe, but the dog may be looking for a new home.

Will let you know more when I know more :)

Dogmad, I will know more early next week. I am at the end of a long chain of communication, but a colleague of one of our client's has a daughter who is taking an overseas posting in the New Year. Apparently she has a Bearded Collie, a little older than you specified, I believe, but the dog may be looking for a new home.

Will let you know more when I know more :)

Yes please, this is a great home for any dog and he would really love another BC!