Eregistration Papers Problem

keasarge

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Contacted dogsnsw gave them all emails copies of emails, text messages phone call lists and recipt of purchase several of which mention him being on mains and her agreance to him being on mains.

they said leave it with them they will look into it investigate and get back to me within a week will keep you updated

• 2 weeks later...

Update after threatening legal action the breeder came through but is now saying church Isn't good enough to be on mains register so has put him on limited :/ his main flaw is that his neck is a touch short but it cam be hidden with careful grooming and blending

The breeder admitted shes mad at me because I saw the sires owner in an attempt to hurry the papers along whom shes has issues with (he maintains she didnt pay stud fee she says she did its a total dog fight)im not sure what I can do now... I understand she has to Protect her prefix his fault is minor and wont bring disgrace to her kennel... if he was registered when he was ment to be it Wouldn't have been an issue... I dont know what to do

Perhaps you could chat to some other FC people and/or judges and see what they say?

If they disagree it might be worth meeting with her to discuss this with their opinions in writing and ask her to reconsider?

I don't think the breeder is under any obligation other than 'product sold is unfit for purpose' there tbh, and as a living thing even that's very, very borderline and perhaps not relevant.

In the end it is still her prerogative.

I'm sure some breeders will be able to advise you further. I'm just guessing here :D

Let her know you'll be continuing with legal action. The pup was sold to you on the condition that it would be on the mains register and the breeder has neglected to live up to their end of the agreement. Let her know that the papers should have arrived 6 months ago so you have been extremely patient but at the end of the day the disagreement between the breeder and the sire's owner is not your concern and it's up to her to sort that out so she can deliver what was initially agreed upon.

Otherwise I'd be looking at compensation, I'm assuming a dog sold for showing is more expensive that one sold as a pet.

As far the flaw goes unless it was noted at the time you purchased the puppy (when she initially agreed to the main reg) then it's not worth discussing.

I know next to nothing about showing and breeding but people like this are found in all walks of life and give me the absolute Sh&%s.

I think the issue is that a puppy can look perfect at 8-10 weeks and conform perfectly, but if they develop wrongly or fail to develop from there there's not much that can be done, again, no idea of the legalities, I just know that's a fine line there.

However if he was sold on mains and then decided without inspection he was no longer mains worthy then you certainly have something to go on there, I didn't even think of that. Duh.

I have several emails and messages with me asking for mains.

she only does puppy contracts which I signed that says limit but I have her message saying she agrees to mains.

in one of her messages she says I was going mains but she changed her mind.

His neck wasnt an issue at 8 weeks and I get he was sold as show potential no gaurentee of winning but if he was registered when he was ment to be it wouldnt have been an issue

I have several emails and messages with me asking for mains.

she only does puppy contracts which I signed that says limit but I have her message saying she agrees to mains.

in one of her messages she says I was going mains but she changed her mind.

His neck wasnt an issue at 8 weeks and I get he was sold as show potential no gaurentee of winning but if he was registered when he was ment to be it wouldnt have been an issue

You signed a contract that said the pup was on the limit register. Doesn't sound like a great thing to do if you want a main register pup IMO.

IF you paid more for a pup which is on Main then you might have a case that you haven't received what you paid for but the ruling could be that you are entitled to a refund not an upgrade :)

If the only thing that is wrong with the dog is a slightly short neck then the breeder would have to be crazy to exclude such a perfect specimen from her breeding programme.

Update after much arguing we've agreed to allow a third party to assess church and we will go with their decision. If the third party decides church is to standard she will main register if the third person decides he's not to standard he will be limit registered with a partial refund

Update after much arguing we've agreed to allow a third party to assess church and we will go with their decision. If the third party decides church is to standard she will main register if the third person decides he's not to standard he will be limit registered with a partial refund

Fingers crossed!!! WHo chooses the third party?

Verdict is in...... and church is on main register and very much show quality!! All papers signed and given to dogs nsw (we held the meeting out the front of their office so either way it was settled today)

Excellent

Verdict is in...... and church is on main register and very much show quality!! All papers signed and given to dogs nsw (we held the meeting out the front of their office so either way it was settled today)

Great news, glad it has worked out for you and Church :)