Eregistration Papers Problem

keasarge

I bought my flat coated retriever puppy church six months ago on main register. I picked him up at 8 weeks and the breeder said the papers should arrive in a couple of weeks at my address. I planned on showing church so need his papers.

Two months later I contact the breeder saying papers hadnt arrived she said she paid another dog for use of their stud and now they were refusing to sign papers cause she hadnt paid for the service fee and it was all a misunderstanding she will sort out. One month later follow up again same story. Followed up again still being dragged on.

is there someone I can put this to like an ombudsman? I paid a lot of money for this puppy as a show dog but he's just a pet with out those papers what are my options here ? I dont want to get rid of church and we will still compete in agility and nose work

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can have my pups papers if you like. Shes Mains registered and I dont plan to show or breed her. Shes a little red SBT though... might be a bit hard to convince the judges :laugh:

Sorry... had to try a bit of humour. How does a show dog differ to a pet? Just curious.

You can have my pups papers if you like. Shes Mains registered and I dont plan to show or breed her. Shes a little red SBT though... might be a bit hard to convince the judges :laugh:

Sorry... had to try a bit of humour. How does a show dog differ to a pet? Just curious.

A pet (being a dog without papers or only on limited register) can't be shown - if you want a dog to show then it MUST be on main register. I agree with Sandra - straight on to the relevant canine council.

My guess is you will need to push things along which is a shame.

However, don't lose heart. The registries are there to register pups, not to sort out civil disputes. They will often (not always!) register the pups after considering convincing evidence (eg DNA) and the payment of a penalty by the registering breeder. Trickier when you are the puppy buyer waiting on someone else to get themselves moving to sort it tho'. DogsNSW can give you advice about your options. Do you know if you are the only one in this situation?

Any chance you can try and get the contact details for the people that own the stud dog? It doesn't appear that withholding the main reg form is helping them get their stud fees as they are not inconveniencing the breeders they are inconveniencing you.

The best thing for everyone would be for the stud dog owners to sign the main reg and start a civil dispute case with the breeder to get the money owed

Any chance you can try and get the contact details for the people that own the stud dog? It doesn't appear that withholding the main reg form is helping them get their stud fees as they are not inconveniencing the breeders they are inconveniencing you.

The best thing for everyone would be for the stud dog owners to sign the main reg and start a civil dispute case with the breeder to get the money owed

if I was the stud dog owner I wouldn't be signing anything until I got paid. They are possibly hoping the puppy owners putting pressure on the dam's owner will help them.

A pet (being a dog without papers or only on limited register) can't be shown - if you want a dog to show then it MUST be on main register. I agree with Sandra - straight on to the relevant canine council.

Oh yes, I know the difference on paper... but I guess I meant in the household. That would suck getting rid of your new baby just because you can't show them...?

Oh yes, I know the difference on paper... but I guess I meant in the household. That would suck getting rid of your new baby just because you can't show them...?

The OP has specifically said she will do other sports with the dog if she can't show it, so where did you get the idea of getting rid of it?

But she bought it to participate in the sport of showing, and she should get the registration that was promised.

In the household the difference between main reg or not may be nothing, but my dogs spend a lot of time out in the world doing stuff, where depending on what we do it makes a lot of difference

It wouldn't differ other than that you've invested time and thought etc in looking to purchase a pup for a specific purpose AS WELL as it its position as a household pet. Like spending months planning what sort of car you're going to get only to find when it arrives it is similar to what you wanted but not it and doesn't suit the purpose.

Even if he cant be mains registered id keep church but I did specifically buy him with the intention of showing hence why the papers are important. As well as I paid extra for him to have him on the mains register

he came from a litter of 13 and I belive the rest were just going to pet homes.

I spoke the the owner of the stud dog lovely guy and lives close by! He said that the lady who owned tje bitch gave him a blank service dog form meaning she can fill in any bitchs details he refused to sign until she wrote in the bitches details and pay the money for the stud fee which is fair enough he has since (5 sept faxed) made contact with dogs nsw and sent in his half of the paperwork (stud cert) the breeder is no longer retyring my calls or emails...

spoke to dogs nsw they said to send them and email with evidence (ie other emails sales recipt ect) so they can investigate.

The OP has specifically said she will do other sports with the dog if she can't show it, so where did you get the idea of getting rid of it?

But she bought it to participate in the sport of showing, and she should get the registration that was promised.

In the household the difference between main reg or not may be nothing, but my dogs spend a lot of time out in the world doing stuff, where depending on what we do it makes a lot of difference

Sorry... this bit from the OP... "I dont want to get rid of church and we will still compete in agility and nose work"

Sorry... this bit from the OP... "I dont want to get rid of church and we will still compete in agility and nose work"

Exactly, they are keeping him and will compete in other areas if they don't get his papers. Are you just trolling :confused:

You could also contact Fair Trading NSW. You have not received what you paid for. Do you have a contract of sale from the breeder or anything in writing stating that he is sold on Main Registration & the papers are to follow?

Good luck

Greg

He will be desexed when hes older yes which is why I wanted to show him now

If you enjoy showing, you can still show in neuter classes after he is desexed if he is on the main register.