Shiba Inu Breeders

oggoy

Hi guys I'm new to the forum and my family is very interested in a Shiba Inu puppy.

We've already done our research and have decided to get one after our boxer passed away (age).

We currently live in Brisbane and I've been closely looking at the breeders for Shibas and puppies have not been available for a long time already

Would buying a puppy from puppyfind.com be a better alternative?

Thank you

Having looked at the breeder listings I think your best approach would be to contact the breeders you like, tell them a bit about yourself and then be patient. The breeder listings read to me like most of their puppies would not end up being advertised because they have a good private list of people waiting.

Sadly sometimes you're just going to have to be patient but dogzonline.com.au is deff one of the best resources around another option is to get onto the dogs QLD site and get a list of registered shiba breeders as not everyone list on DOL...

Good luck :)

I can attest too for buying from a DOL-listed breeder. Our dog (not a shiba) is fabulous and everything we wanted. The breeder knew who we were, what we wanted in a dog and has picked so well for us it's almost spooky how well Gus slots in!

Plus despite being in another state the puppies are everywhere so we get a few sibling playdates and the support aspect that comes with it is really excellent.

Since I live in Brisbane, would these breeders (NSW, etc) ship their puppy interstate to me?

Why don't you contact them and ask?

it's the only way you will know. :) Plenty of breeders transport their pups all over the country but some don't.