If You Could 'edit' Your Breed In Some Way, What Would You Do?

kelpiecuddles

I'm rather partial to bloodhounds but I much prefer the tricolour markings of my basset so I'd put a bloodhound through photoshop LOL.

Of course I'd never undertake any ridiculous crossbreeding to make it happen, it's all in fun. I just wish there was a taller hound that still had the ears and the looks but in a different colour :o

Anyone else have a little tweak they'd like to do?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm rather partial to bloodhounds but I much prefer the tricolour markings of my basset so I'd put a bloodhound through photoshop LOL.

Of course I'd never undertake any ridiculous crossbreeding to make it happen, it's all in fun. I just wish there was a taller hound that still had the ears and the looks but in a different colour :o

Anyone else have a little tweak they'd like to do?

Like this? This is a gundog though, not a hound.

braccoitaliano_essosy.jpg

Edited by Haredown Whippets

Simi and Arnold are perfect, no need to change a thing :)

Jokes aside, there really isn't anything I'd want to change about them. They come in a variety of colours, they are usually great with all people and other dogs, they don't require huge amounts of exercise and they are very entertaining with personality plus. What's not to love?

I'd also edit the drool out of our IW! Wouldn't edit the Salukis in any way, as they are perfect :D

Nearly as perfect as Whippets. :provoke:

:bolt:

I'll take the good with the bad with my breeds. When you start editing, it can take you in directions you really don't want to go.

LOL, trust me, I've googled till I was blue in the face Colour is right but still not that lovely squishy bloodhound wrinkly ness. Closest I've been able to find is a breed that folks overseas are trying to develop which they are calling a Majestic Hound.

I'm still coming to grips with some advice given by a Bloodhound person... don't get one unless you can cope wth drool on every surface of the house including the ceiling :eek:

I couldn't own a breed that didn't make double digits - that's one area of some breeds I'd like to see "edited".

haha, yes that's definite downside although Josie isn't too bad. I chose for a conservative level of wrinkliness, it was actually a priority in my choice of breeder and I think that has been a very good choice as the drool is there but not overwhelming and she doesn't have any issues with eyes or skin folds.

Two words: greyhound gas. Even on diets that work with probiotics etc etc, every so often one of them lets rip with something which should be banned under the Geneva Convention. It generally occurs when we're helpless and asleep. We are ripped from sleep, clutching at our throats, eyes streaming, thinking we are under attack by chemical or biological weapons, grabbing for a light switch and hoping no spark occurs to ignite the gas. We look through the green fumes swirling to see a roaching greyhound, moaning blissfully and smiling.

It's lucky we love them!

LOL, trust me, I've googled till I was blue in the face Colour is right but still not that lovely squishy bloodhound wrinkly ness. Closest I've been able to find is a breed that folks overseas are trying to develop which they are calling a Majestic Hound.

I'm still coming to grips with some advice given by a Bloodhound person... don't get one unless you can cope wth drool on every surface of the house including the ceiling :eek:

I couldn't own a breed that didn't make double digits - that's one area of some breeds I'd like to see "edited".

Very true about the drool - definitely something I would edit from the Bloodhound :)

Edited by KelpieHoundMum