If You Could 'edit' Your Breed In Some Way, What Would You Do?

kelpiecuddles

I can't say I've ever really had problems with my hounds being gassy but they are raw fed so maybe that's why.

To answer the OP.. maybe prey drive. Not the actual drive itself but the intensity of it in some dogs. Chasing rabbits wouldn't bother me, chasing small dogs, on the other hand, is a serious concern. I love my drivey girl a lot but it'd be nice to be able to do normal dog things with her, like just taking her for a walk in public.

Yes to all of the above, my Maddie is definately a challenge.

Stan loves a good fart but they're not smelly, in fact his morning ritual is stretch, loud fart, smile. If he still had his balls I'm sure he'd give them a big scratch, he's such a bloke.

Edited by stans mum

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jakes a cross breed and so is a sports model which now that I've had I will have to find a breeder who does active BB's next time. His post production breathing modifications would be great if they came standard. The skin problems would definitely be edited out. Lots of the other issues such as gas and fold maintenance I curse but would make him less bulldoggie. Surprisingly absolutely droolless, although my purebreds were too so maybe that's not an issue anyway.

Ooh, Field Spaniels without the dropping of hair would be great! I love, love, love the breed, but the hair everywhere, including flying through the air drives me nuts! I often think about 'the next non-shedding breed' when I'm vacuuming the walls (yes the walls!), but then those soft eyes look at me and I can't help but think of our next Field. Sucker for punishment. :o

Got a frenchie and would like non-shedding and also Frenchie farts! My girl can do some stinkers at the most inappropriate times! Last night she got a bath and farted while her bum was near my face when I was drying her.. It was so gross the air felt thicker.. :laugh:

Guest hankodie

Frenchies: I'd edit out the allergies, weird digestive issues and oh god the gas :laugh:

Goldens: I'd edit out the arthritis and cancer. I don't mind the shedding too much but Hank is still a puppy so I'm sure that will change :laugh:

I'd love to see both breeds live longer. In terms of temperament I wish Odie the frenchie was less stubborn but then again that's what makes her so loveable. Hank is the annoying perfect child, I wouldn't change a thing about his temperament :laugh:

I would make all Dalmatians LUA NOW...instead of having to wait until we can import and then slowly increasing the numbers from that initial importation. I'm glad it's going to happen, but seeing your dog sick in front of you makes you wish you had the power of a magic wand to make change happen immediately.

I would edit the in-house zoomies, they are a new phenonemon and I need to train them away. Especially the part where they want the cat and me to join in, at least as jumps.

:laugh: I am frequently utilised as some type of living play equipment for their frivolities.

I'd take double the Saint drool for a coat that wouldn't shed, but still looks and feels as it does :) OH is the opposite, he said he'd take double the amount of dropped hair to eradicate the drool :laugh:

Does he do the vacuuming? Haha!

If I could edit my breed in some way, it would be the stigma attached and the attraction for some types of owners. :mad

The breed itself is just awesome :thumbsup:

I'm not a Rottie owner, but I'd back you all the way on these.

If I could edit my breed in some way, it would be the stigma attached and the attraction for some types of owners. :mad

Thanks Mita :thanks:

Sometimes it feels like we Rotti enthusiasts walk a long and lonely road.

If it helps the rotti's that come into the shelter I vollie at usually become staff and vollies favourites due to being such good all rounders :)

If it helps the rotti's that come into the shelter I vollie at usually become staff and vollies favourites due to being such good all rounders :)

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

They are amazing all rounders, you are so right TT.

There are few breeds that can excel in so many different disciplines, sports, services and therapies as the Rottweiler and also be an absolutely amazing pet. Sure not suited to every owner, but there is very little that you cannot do with a Rotti.