Browsing Rescue Sites.

Blackdogs

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I regularly browse through all the available dogs - I am a rescuer and like to know what's out there as I get quite a few enquiries from people overwhelmed by the amount of dogs available so I try and help them and have rehomed quite a few dogs from other rescue groups in this way.

I'm tempted myself when looking at dogs with other groups but usually manage to resist ... pound sites are a different matter!

I used to be obsessed with trawling PetRescue and a few rescues' websites too, but I think fostering has cured me the need. But I also keep tabs on a few places because people (friends, friends of friends, friends' parents etc.. people who know me as the weird dog lady) often ask me if I know of any dogs that might suit them or fit their needs. Yesterday someone told me their friend wanted a poodle, and could I help.. my head is full of otherwise useless info, like which rescues currently have poodles and what have you! :laugh:

I went to my local pound and cuddled this dear little 13 year old whippet cross this morning :heart:

I just adore the oldies :(

http://www.petrescue.com.au/listings/257246

Iggy Rescue are working on a home for this little girl! We have a foster carer lined up until she is ready to go.

Gosford Pound have been awesome to deal with!! :thumbsup:

Yes Elise told me this morning :D The girls are awesome :thumbsup: and Ruby is just devine dogmad you will fall in love.

Edited by stans mum

Wheeler is one of our dogs. He's beautiful & is a big sooky lapdog :)

Yeah, you can tell he is a Shar Pei from the ears :rofl::rofl:

I don't look any more, because I simply don't have the funds or the energy (physical or emotional) for any more dogs. The last time I looked at Renbury, I ended up with Bunter. $7,000 later . . . . . . :laugh: :laugh:

The RSPCA in Brisbane are full - maybe the reason for the discount. And it is not yet Christmas holidays :(

I think that could be the case..

My looking at the rspca site today may very well lead to a trip to Toowoomba next week if the girl I have my eye on is still there next week..

Yes, guilty here too.

My two are enough for me and my girl doesn't like other girl dogs but I can't help myself and often look at petrescue and the threads in the rescue forum.

If I could, I'd take this girl in a second:

http://www.petrescue.com.au/listings/253306

Gorgeous. I'm a big fan of heelers, both temperament and looks. The one in your icon looks adorable.