Where Does Your Dog Sleep?

airlock

Mine sleeps in the bed with me, under the covers and steals my pillow. Usually snores and gets Saint Vitus dance [often get a paw in the face when he's doing that if he's facing me]. But he loves to snuggle, always has. Great bed warmer in winter :laugh:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wherever they want. Maxie is always on the bed in the same spot. Annie is usually on the bed but is a bit more adventurous and occasionally starts off on one of the various dog beds before getting up on the bed. Kayla has chosen to sleep in the study with the light on ever since her main vestibular episode a few months ago, and it's only recently that she's felt comfortable enough to move to different rooms and beds again during the night.

Guest Maeby Fünke

My Pug sleeps next to me during the night and then during the day he goes under the doona.

sleepingin3.jpg

eta

Sorry about the crappy photo. I tried to fix it 3 times but it made no difference.

Edited by Maeby Fünke

3 in crates in the lounge room, 1 on a dog bed in the lounge room. The only thing I regret about my relationship with Nathan is that I made the mistake early on of kicking the dogs off the bed for him. Bad idea, it set a precedent and now I miss having dogs on the bed :( I must admit it is nice not inhaling dog hair/being covered with dog hair/being stabbed by tiny stabby dog hairs/finding dog hair in places that dog hair has no business being...

Not worth it though :(

I do envisage HUGE fights in the future though, because Nathan's called dibs on choosing the next dog, and I have a sneaking suspicion that the outcome of the following arguments will result in both of us sleeping on the couch while 5 ginormous dogs get our bed :laugh:

I'm going to break the niceness of this thread by saying outside. My two have kennels but they prefer their handmade box in the garage to curl up in.

On the rare occasions I'm able to sneak them into my room, Zeus sleeps on a huge fluffy blanket beside my bed and Kirah in a crate. Before I had a crate for her though she used to nestle between my thighs right near my crotch; I'd end up sleeping on my back with the soles of my feet together and knees bent to accommodate her. Basically I'd lie like a squashed frog :o

As puppies I have stricter rules and they had to sleep in their crate until I felt they were ready for more choices.

Now, they have beds in our bedroom, beds in the loungeroom and there own couch (not too mention a couple of beds outside) and they pretty much sleep wherever they want which is normally in our room with us. My big boy does have a habit of sneaking up on the bed and sleeping with us, which can be awkward at times as he is a big dane so it is like three people in the bed!! But I love it and always make sure he has enough room :)

Bear sleeps under our bed, directly under where I sleep. If I drop my hand off the bed she will demand to hold paws for as long as possible...she loves holding paws. In the morning she shifts around and pokes her tail out so the girlchild can 'find' her under the bed, much to both of their amusement.

Doof sleeps in our too for a few hours then moves to the bed in the lounge room. Unless there is a storm, in which case he prefers to panic and claw at us all night

Indi and Em sleep in crates in our room. We used to let them have the run of the house, but they would wander around, looking out the windows, finding things to bark at all night.

In winter they have a pile of blankets to snuggle into. Indi builds hers into a wall in the middle of the crate and curls up into a tiny ball behind them. It can be very hard to tell if there's a dog in there at all. Em piles hers up against the front of the crate and uses them as a pillow. I don't think she feels the cold all that much.

In summer they have just their mattresses and one blanket because Indi likes to have something to scrunch up. We leave the crate doors open on hot nights and they will move to the floor on either side of the bed. Indi on the OH's side and Em on mine. That lasts until the first one barks and then it's back to the crates with the doors shut!