Dog Rehoming Question

samoyedman

Maybe everyone could stop inventing bizarre scenarios now....... You don't have to agree or disagree with this decision but inventing things like this is a bit out there, don't you think?

Not sure I would return to this thread after all that has been said.... Especially without knowing any details?

Edited by BlackJaq

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe everyone could stop inventing bizarre scenarios now....... You don't have to agree or disagree with this decision but inventing things like this is a bit out there, don't you think?

Not sure I would return to this thread after all that has been said.... Especially without knowing any details?

But how will you know if any more details are given if you don't return? :D

Guest Maeby Fünke

Hopefully his account has been hacked confused.gif, it wouldn't be the first time ive seen it here on DOL.. Just seems a bit out of character for SamMan embarrass.gif

Yeah, it seemed like a real trollish thing to say :confused:

WOW some harsh judgement in this thread! Maybe SamMan is trying to consider ALL options and asked the question to see whether this may even be one at all.

Looking into the option of possible rehoming is hardly the worst thing a person can do to a dog.

All this speculation is worthless, and some posts are now making fun of the situation, pretty tasteless.

Agree with both.

Seriously. Talk about over the top reactions. Some are so irrational they make me laugh.

Wtf is going on here??? I am after some dog behavioural information for the possibility of a rehoming situation.

How can people be so judgmental when they don't know any of the details? :confused:

Thanks to those who replied in a non-judgmental way. I could never separate myself from this dog with a clean break and not see him regularly. I am not prepared to divulge my complicated personal situation, but I am not the type who would rehome my beloved samoyed lightly.

Wow, okay so you're serious. I'm gobsmacked as I wouldn't have ever thought it possible. As it is serious, no I don't think that you could rehome him somewhere where you come and go. It would be incredibly cruel to your dog, not to mention impossible for you AND your friends who will love your dog.

If you must move to a place where he can't go then you will do best by him to rehome him permanently (ie without contact).

I'm sorry that you're in this position.

Guest Maeby Fünke

Edited because I was being a bit of a cow.

:laugh:

I can't remember what you said, but that was funny.

I said he was probably a sleeper agent that has been activated and he had to move on

Oh, that's cleverrr.

I said he was probably a sleeper agent that has been activated and he had to move on

Oh, that's cleverrr.

It just comes to me. I'm super intuitive.

But in all seriousness this is a pretty sad situation.

Edited by mixeduppup

Wtf is going on here??? I am after some dog behavioural information for the possibility of a rehoming situation.

How can people be so judgmental when they don't know any of the details? :confused:

Thanks to those who replied in a non-judgmental way. I could never separate myself from this dog with a clean break and not see him regularly. I am not prepared to divulge my complicated personal situation, but I am not the type who would rehome my beloved samoyed lightly.

And nor should you have to divulge your entire personal life details, sheesh!

I agree with those who said it depends on the the dog. Some dogs do seem to bond very closely to one person/family at a time, which is not to say they can't be rehomed and successfully bond to their new person, but that type of dog probably would find it stressful and confusing to have their previous 'person' coming and going.

I think dogs that are pretty easy going and comfortable around all sorts of people could adjust very well. I agree with dogmad (I think?) who said to leave the dog to settle for a couple of months without visiting so he understands that he has a new home and people, but after that visits would probably be along the lines of visits from a well liked walker, trainer, groomer etc.

I do think it would be hard on you, as you would have to accept that he'd only be happy if he was more bonded to the people he was now living with than to you.

If it turns out to be your best option you could definitely try it but you would have to be very aware that you may have to cut ties if he wasn't happy in the situation.

Edited by Simply Grand

Guest Maeby Fünke

Oh, that's cleverrr.

It just comes to me. I'm super intuitive.

But in all seriousness this is a pretty sad situation.

I really admire people who have that ability.

Yes, it is.

You are limiting the rehoming prospects for this dog severely by insisting you have access. No way known would I ever adopt a dog under those conditions.

The stress to the dog of regular meetings, followed by separations would not be fair IMO. How is he expected to bond to a new owner under these conditions.? confused.gif

If you want some understanding, perhaps more than "I'm thinking of moving into the CBD for a new business opportunity" might have been an idea. "I may have to rehome my dog for personal reasons" would have been far more enlightening.

I don't rate people who discard dogs for mere business opportunities and I make no apology for expecting people here to be committed to their pets. If its more personal than that then yes, I do understand.

Edited by Haredown Whippets