Change Of Ownership Fee On Adoption.

Steph M

Quick question for the rescue brains trust.

Is it common practice for the change of ownership fee for a microchip to be included in the adoption fee?

We definitely filled out a pet register change of ownership form and were given a copy back but I just got a missed call from them asking me if I could pay them to finalise the transfer (which means she hasn’t been in our name as I assumed for the last 4 months but anyway…)

I don’t mind paying it. No biggie, just got me baffled!

Do they mean they haven't got a record of the adoption fee being paid? It could be an admin stuff up.

I don't know about VIC but it cost nothing here to change the owner, I've never heard of anyone having to pay extra after the fact. It's all in the adoption fee.

Do they mean they haven't got a record of the adoption fee being paid? It could be an admin stuff up.

I don't know about VIC but it cost nothing here to change the owner, I've never heard of anyone having to pay extra after the fact. It's all in the adoption fee.

No, should have been clearer! Doh! It's the change of ownership on her microchip. It's like $5 admin fee to the record keeping company and has been paid now. I just had a momentary freak out that if she'd taken off she might not have found her way back.

My mistake for not being thorough and making sure I had it all, but she's our first adoptee so I'm a novice!

No, should have been clearer! Doh! It's the change of ownership on her microchip. It's like $5 admin fee to the record keeping company and has been paid now. I just had a momentary freak out that if she'd taken off she might not have found her way back.

My mistake for not being thorough and making sure I had it all, but she's our first adoptee so I'm a novice!

ooooooohhhh I get it! Must be a victorian thing. :laugh:

A little off topic but I have having a lot of trouble with the microchip registries in changing details over in a timely manner. The excuse I got from one was lack of volunteers to do the data input and then post out the paperwork. I received paperwork on one dog recently to say it had been changed into my name when the pup was chipped into my name originally and I had been trying for the better part of the year to get it transferred over into the new owner's name. I currently have five files in my pending tray waiting for chips to change into my name from dogs that have been surrendered. It is getting beyond ridiculous. No wonder it is so hard to reunited chipped dogs with owners when the registries themselves are so far behind in paperwork.

I just did the change of ownership form in SA for my new girl and it only cost $8

and if wanted the tag that cost extra $9

I remeber paying that about 18 months ago for another dog I got , and 1 was through CAR company and one through Australasion Animal Records

Lots of variables! I’m no less confused but we should get her ownership cert today in the post so all is fixed.

Lucky she didn’t get out as she’s the master of losing collars and tags and being a fine to thin looking whippet x some dummy might have thought she was a stray!

All fixed now, lucky!