Dogs And Watermelon

PuddleDuck

My two love watermelon, rockmelon, banana.. Lacey loves Apple but Sasha isn't keen on it... Because it's been so hot here I have been having fruit salad for breakfast and Lacey and Sasha always wait patiently for their bits :) they even like cucumber lol.

We have what we call the 'bear bowl' in the fridge each day. Everything the girlchild doesn't eat (which can be a fair bit depending on her mood!), apple, cucumber and carrot tops and peelings etc get dumped in the bowl through the day and given to the dogs with dinner. I was getting so ticked off at the amount of food that we wasted and the dogs love it (and all those vege peelings have been great at getting the weight off bear!)

Any 'nana that is eaten in this house is shared with the dogs, they wait patiently for their piece.

Mosley is a little more refined in his tastes, Lili is a garbage guts, she will eat olives, pickles, spinach, tofu..you name it. If its on the humans plate, she wants it :laugh:

Our dogs always want to taste-test anything that the humans are eating, but often when they are given something "odd" (i.e, olives, lettuce, etc) they will take it politely, then spit it out when they think we aren't watching!

Our dogs also love carrots cool from the fridge.

that's alot of watermelon for one little bunny! :laugh:

Haha, bunny (Spike) was being a bit cheeky and having some of mine. From time to time he also used to have a go at the chopped up veges on my plate while I was still eating :p

I miss the little guy, he passed away before Christmas 2012. He was the perfect apartment pet