Tick Bomb

ChewieTAG

Ticks wouldn't usually live inside a house, they need a vector like wildlife and hang out in scrub waiting for a warm body to go past. You can spray Permoxin around for ticks but it's not good for cats and I'd be tentative about spraying it around the garden as it will kill everything and it may or may not be OK for wildlife like possums.

I wouldnt spray for ticks in the house. There are garden tick sprays you can buy. You just need to get in to a routine. If you're a gardener, wear a 'gardening top' and take it off before going inside. Certain plants attract ticks more than others. Best bet is to have broad, glossy leaves etc, when I lived on the Nth Beaches I had my garden re landscaped accordingly and it made a big difference.

I wouldnt spray for ticks in the house. There are garden tick sprays you can buy. You just need to get in to a routine. If you're a gardener, wear a 'gardening top' and take it off before going inside. Certain plants attract ticks more than others. Best bet is to have broad, glossy leaves etc, when I lived on the Nth Beaches I had my garden re landscaped accordingly and it made a big difference.

no spraying for ticks in the house? is it because they don't tend to live in there if it's empty? Just wondering... I am new to it..

from memory as we went to inspect only once, the garden seems flat with grass (well maintain), it's small because it's townhouse. But I think it has hedging.

no spraying for ticks in the house? is it because they don't tend to live in there if it's empty? Just wondering... I am new to it..

from memory as we went to inspect only once, the garden seems flat with grass (well maintain), it's small because it's townhouse. But I think it has hedging.

As Kelpiecuddles says...ticks don't generally live in houses unless you have bandicoots in your loungeroom :) Are you moving into a tick area & do you really know that the house has fleas ??

As Kelpiecuddles says...ticks don't generally live in houses unless you have bandicoots in your loungeroom :) Are you moving into a tick area & do you really know that the house has fleas ??

I am moving to Chatswood NSW area and I don't know if the previous owner has dogs or cats as the property is pet friendly. So I don't want to move in to a flea or tick infested house.

Though that townhouse is not surrounded by bush or park, it has a small backyard, landscape is flat and easy to maintain. It does have fully carpeted area at the top floor.

That's the reason I want to flea bomb and in any case just de-tick the house ...

Would there really be be ticks in a small unit garden in suburbia???

Always remember the more chemicals a small dog is exposed to - the more chance of a reaction/illness ....

not sure.... but the house is pet friendly. I am just paranoid about thinking the previous tenants may have pets with them? That's why the idea of bombing the pest away...

Ticks wouldn't live in the house, we live in a tick area with ticks over the back fence and have never found one inside the house, the closest they get is the front lawn and only after we've had kangaroos lying there! I think a regular flea bomb if you are concerned would be more than adequate. We've lived in quite a few pet friendly rentals and never flea bombed first and never had an issue.

Ticks wouldn't live in the house, we live in a tick area with ticks over the back fence and have never found one inside the house, the closest they get is the front lawn and only after we've had kangaroos lying there! I think a regular flea bomb if you are concerned would be more than adequate. We've lived in quite a few pet friendly rentals and never flea bombed first and never had an issue.

..and I think it is a requirement that tenants leaving a house clean/fleabomb ?