Still Crazy After All These Years

12 years ago, a small, white bundle of energy with big feet and big ears stole my heart. He has been my shadow, my running companion, my joy. Today he is an old boy who struggles to get up and spends his days sleeping under the overhead fan. Sometimes he sleeps so deeply, I stop what I'm doing to look for the rise and fall of his chest. He still awakes at 5am and comes to find me for his morning walk, where we used to run for 5km we now walk for 15 mins, have a rest, then walk back. His mind is still young and he thinks he can do more but the body won't let him.

Together with Bella we have walked and ran many miles together, seen heaps of sunrises and sunsets, been to parks and beaches and creeks. I would have missed out on so much had I not had my dogs and I am so very grateful for every day that Casper is still with me. I know one day he will be by Bella's side once again, but not yet. Not yet.

post-6292-0-39281300-1390285115_thumb.jpg

I think it is a beautiful tribute to Casper!He has a wonderful owner ! There will always be a very special place in my heart for my dogs that have already passed.At present I have two reasonably young dogs,but as they age they become even more special.I hope he will be with you for a long time yet :) :)

They certainly do become more special as they age...time just seems to slip away and we never know how much longer we'll have them!

Wow HazyWal, 16 years is a great old age, that's a whole lot of loving :) Not sure my hubby will last another 4 years without a holiday 'cos I refuse to go on one while my boy is still around!

Thank you.