It's My 10th Anniversary

Salukifan

My 10th Anniversary as a member of this forum is today!

There have been changes here and in my life but many things have stayed the same.

Changes

Many more members. Some members have gone from pet owners to showing, trialling and breeding in that time. Many have gone on to get their first purebred dogs here.

Some of the more experienced breeders and trainers no longer visit here.

I have a new breed in my life - Whippets, and 3 more dogs than when I joined.

Iv'e gone from being a hard core BARFer to feeding a mix of premium kibble and RMBs.

I'm showing dogs and no longer competing or instructing in obedience and agility. I'm now President of Dogs ACT. 10 years ago I was an ordinary member.

DOL has a lot more forums to cope with the volume on specific topics.

Some of the funniest and witiest DOLers have moved on. :( Fortunately so have the pests and the scammers.

Still the Same

People still argue vigorously about the best way to feed a dog. No one seems to have changed their views much.

People still argue vigroursly about the best way to train a dog. No one seems to have changed their views much. :D

Any thread started about a dog attack or dog aggression tends to turn into a train wreck. Bigger train wreck if police are somehow involved.

People join here as new dog owners and get a lot of advice and support. Reception to advice and support tends to be mixed.

Rescue efforts continue unabated - and bless those who are picking up the pieces of irresponsible breeding and buying, together with dogs from families down on their luck.

I stil have the three poodles I had when I joined here. The oldest, Ted, is now 16 years and 5 months and still in quite good shape, albeit a bit nutty these days. :)

Edited by Haredown Whippets

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just remembering some of the great DOL scandals/revelations.

Peter Pumpkin (fleeced members here until outed)

Troy finally outed as really being Chuck Norris :worship:

Numerous dramas involving dodgy breeders and buyers. Chuck Norris Troy dealt with those.

A couple of very public meltdowns (who can forget Beau's Mum) :eek:

Ah memories...

Just remembering some of the great DOL scandals/revelations.

Peter Pumpkin (fleeced members here until outed)

Troy finally outed as really being Chuck Norris :worship:

Numerous dramas involving dodgy breeders and buyers. Chuck Norris Troy dealt with those.

A couple of very public meltdowns (who can forget the Finding Beau thread) :eek:

Ah memories...

I've forgotten it, do tell, and I dont think I knew about Peter Pumpkin either.

Happy Anniversary, mines coming up soon too.

PP told members here his wife had cancer and got quite a bit of support before being outed (was it Detective Sway?)

Looking for the Beau's Mum one - very very bizarre, started off being about lost dogs, ended up with her threatening to cut off her hands to stop posting. If I can find it, I'll post it.

PP told members here his wife had cancer and got quite a bit of support before being outed (was it Detective Sway?)

Looking for the Beau's Mum one - very very bizarre, started off being about lost dogs, ended up with her threatening to cut off her hands to stop posting. If I can find it, I'll post it.

Ah! I do recall something about that, Troy had to ban her to stop her becoming an amputee.

Ah! I do recall something about that, Troy had to ban her to stop her becoming an amputee.

I've searched - it's gonski. :( It got really weird for a while there.

how many name changes have you had? I'm boring and have kept the same one the entire time.

Only this one and Poodlefan.

ETA. I lied. I was telida for a short time.

Oh and raineth, here's the proof of life you were after. Tribe looking thrilled to bits with their Christmas antlers this year. (FHRP sent it to me)

From left Dodger, Ted, Lily (white poodle), Darcy, Herbie (collapsed Whippet) and Howie.

post-43174-0-27606900-1391048439_thumb.jpeg

Happy anniversary HW :) . :champagne: You've done well to hang in while biting your tongue. :laugh: Just had to check my profile - Good grief - my 10th is coming up in April :eek: . And I'm like Kirislin - boring and no imagination - kept the same username - mainly cos I'm a senior and would forget my name otherwise.

You've certainly provided us with lots of entertainment, HW - the shonky Christmas breeds from a couple of years ago was classic.

But more importantly, you've been a source of important and helpful information and advice. And I was very pleased to see you become President of Dogs ACT - a thankless task, but important to have knowledgeable and informed and capable people in that role. (Are you blushing yet?)

Awww they are a gorgeous bunch HW! The expression on the little black poodle is hilarious in that photo too :laugh:

Which black one? Ted or Darcy?

Oh I'm not sure about names but the one with the candy cane headdress. He just looks SO enthusiastic :)

Awww they are a gorgeous bunch HW! The expression on the little black poodle is hilarious in that photo too :laugh:

Which black one? Ted or Darcy?

Oh I'm not sure about names but the one with the candy cane headdress. He just looks SO enthusiastic :)

That's Darcy. The orignal dog of very little brain. I maintain to this day that his breeder dropped him on his head as a baby. His breeder (JAG, member here) swears she didn't but she would wouldn't she. :cool:

Happy anniversary HW :) . :champagne: You've done well to hang in while biting your tongue. :laugh: Just had to check my profile - Good grief - my 10th is coming up in April :eek: . And I'm like Kirislin - boring and no imagination - kept the same username - mainly cos I'm a senior and would forget my name otherwise.

You've certainly provided us with lots of entertainment, HW - the shonky Christmas breeds from a couple of years ago was classic.

But more importantly, you've been a source of important and helpful information and advice. And I was very pleased to see you become President of Dogs ACT - a thankless task, but important to have knowledgeable and informed and capable people in that role. (Are you blushing yet?)

Nawwww, thanks Barb. Ah yes, I've have had a lot of fun as Deshonko Kennels over the years. :laugh:

I have certainly managed to piss off my fair share of members over the years too but :shrug: