Pawing The Water Out Of His Bowl

TCB

Ooops, I seem to have missed a couple of these last night. I'm gonna blame puppy brain and lack of sleep, sorry all!

Kirislin - Super cute pics!

minimax - Eeep! Thanks for that haha, certainly never going to be a dull moment with this little guy! *crossing fingers that it's a phase :)

kelpiecuddles - That's not a bad idea, will keep it in mind for when he's a bit bigger!

Bit leery of the bucket idea, he's far too curious for something like that when we're not around to watch!

I might try the two bowls idea and see if I can find a small clam to give it a go- maybe it'll help him not freak out when he gets a wash too. :laugh:

Thanks for all the advice, so glad I found this place!

One of my favourite pics of my puppy.

post-24815-0-59838800-1391502259_thumb.jpg

I just ignore it unless it's in his indoor water, in which case I discourage it. He does it less as he's gotten older but I just make sure they have multiple bowls, especially in hot weather :)

Tibbie_tabbie & valbitz- lol sound like this little guy. He hates it any other time but seems okay with the food bowl! lol

Staffyluv: Thanks will check out Masters this weekend.

persephone: That's a great idea pretty sure we have one of those in the cupboard somewhere

wuffles: awww how can you not smile at that, perfect shot!

edit: adding a pic for Tibbie_tabbie

post-51325-0-34713600-1391560676_thumb.jpg

Edited by TCB

If you go to a Garden Centre you can sometimes pick up a plant pot without holes in it. They make excellent water containers and can be really stable and heavy. They also come in many shapes and sizes (and colours!)

If you go to a Garden Centre you can sometimes pick up a plant pot without holes in it. They make excellent water containers and can be really stable and heavy. They also come in many shapes and sizes (and colours!)

maybe a good idea to purchase a food-grade bowl from a kitchen shop or K-mart, the plant pots may have glazes made from lead and cadmium so using them as water bowls may not be the best of ideas. You are probably best with stainless steel (or just let the dog paw the water...he will get sick of doing it one day) :)

Have a look at kmart or Coles for a cheap small crockpot, I have a little white ceramic one that cost me about $10 at Coles, too small for my dogs but would be great for something little like a tibbie pup. I just put the lid up and if I want to cover the bowl for some reason I put the lid on, if he's flicking water inside you could stick the lid on for ten minutes :)

Tibbie_tabbie & valbitz- lol sound like this little guy. He hates it any other time but seems okay with the food bowl! lol

Staffyluv: Thanks will check out Masters this weekend.

persephone: That's a great idea pretty sure we have one of those in the cupboard somewhere

wuffles: awww how can you not smile at that, perfect shot!

edit: adding a pic for Tibbie_tabbie

post-51325-0-34713600-1391560676_thumb.jpg

Aw, such a happy boy! Adorable!

I have never had a puppy that didn't dig the water out of the water bowls. The good news is that they did all grow out of it. In the mean time, lots of water bowls around and a clamshell if they are to be left for longer than a few hours so they don't run out of water.

maybe a good idea to purchase a food-grade bowl from a kitchen shop or K-mart, the plant pots may have glazes made from lead and cadmium so using them as water bowls may not be the best of ideas. You are probably best with stainless steel (or just let the dog paw the water...he will get sick of doing it one day) :)

Crap!!! thanks for bringing this up. I'm guilty of doing exactly this, I bought a low heavy bowl from a garden shop thinking it can serve as a water source outside for dogs and lizards etc. Now I might turn it unto a bog garden instead.

• 2 weeks later...

I have some of these and they are excellent for travelling and for dogs that are just messy. However, those that like to stand in the water can make an even bigger mess by plonking their feet in on the "disc" and making a fountain!!!!!!!!! They are also light enough to pick up and throw about the yard (or chew).

No, you really do need heavy,stable bowls and a clam shell - if you do not mind the odd snake sharing it