Goat At A Dog Park

dididog

Badly behaved dogs.

Goat owner appears to be a complete numpty. Goat was very stressed, and why the hell would you take a goat to a dog park?

Dogs will be dogs. Just like kids will be kids (the human kind, not the goat kind). There is only so far you can push or excite an individual before they snap - no matter how well behaved they are.

There is no reason a goat should be in an off leash dog park. Same as there is no real reason you'd have a dog in a kids play ground (especially an occupied one) or running through the middle of a sports field in use.

If that park is at Kingsford which i think it is because it is one of the parks where i take my dog that is actually an On leash dog park.

Edit: I have also seen this goat in the City going up to people who are at a very busy bus stop during peak time surprising and in many cases scaring the people. Owner didn't have a worry in the world.

Edited by M United

I've seen a pig at our park a couple of times, but he stays on lead and the oval is really big and mostly pretty quiet.

The times I saw him he was really little and the owners brought their dog down to the park as well.

It was pretty funny when we first saw him, I did a double take. Dogs were a bit curious but kept their distance after a few sniffs

Still though a goat is another matter entirely, I'm surprised no-one got seriously hurt

I saw a baby pig on a harness recently while staying at a caravan park on the north coast. Thought I was seeing things at first. Cutest little thing it was. It remained on a harness though. My 2 guys didn't know what to make of it I don't think :laugh: I didn't allow them close to it. Just let them observe from a safe distance for both parties.

I love watching Collie, my goat with puppies when they first 'discover' her. She doesn't like them much ..prefers adults - and then she has her favourites. So with pups, she will let them sniff..then take a step or two back, put her head down and charge ..stop with her head about 2 inches away and snort loudly /repeat as needed. Pups soon get the message . She is around 10 yrs old ..and I think has only connected once or twice with any of our dogs . She is free range .. so regularly gets approached/rounded up etc .

yes, it did give me a heart attack when I first saw her doing this - but she is always very careful to not make contact ....

Edited by persephone

Poor goat :( question is WHY??? Why take a goat to an off leash dog park in the first place???

An accident waiting to happen IMO....

Yes. I wouldn't take my dogs to a paddock full of goats to have a run. That would me pretty silly.