Help!

Pjrt

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi! Here is your daily dose of new dog.....and friends.

Apologies for the boring picture overload but starting this new drug has me majorly on edge and I have no one to talk to about it so I need the distraction. Dog had another play date this arvo with Mr.Shivers out at my old place. Went better with Mr.S being a little less of a turnip today! we were joined by another puppy for a while too. A Staffy/Pei/Cattle Dog mix of sorts about 4 or 5 months old. I didn't let my guy off lead while she was there as she was a little hesitant about his enthusiasm. They had fun just not over the top fun just yet. Once everyone has met a few more times and the other puppy matures a bit we can have a free for all.

Mr.Shivers is the little black dog and the other puppy is the tan smooth coat.

Oh, and what does it mean that he has perfect colours to practice ??

As you may have noticed, tan dogs tend to photograph really nicely... and your boy has a fair bit of tan in him. Add that to his lovely textured coat, and you have a recipe for amazing photos... *grin*

T.

As you may have noticed, tan dogs tend to photograph really nicely... and your boy has a fair bit of tan in him. Add that to his lovely textured coat, and you have a recipe for amazing photos... *grin*

T.

oh yes! Lots on which to practice focus ..and all those wavy bits :)

Oh ok thanks guys.

I left my camera at home again this week. Just need to concentrate on work and trying to settle this dog into our weird lifestyle. After a slightly wobbly start this morning he has been very good all day at work so far. One Poodle to groom yet. Late finish then a walk, if it's not pouring!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Scruffy Grufs wiry hair was getting a bit out of control so i decided to hand strip him. I had a couple of groomers that are interested in this technique come in to watch me do him. I am a purist and prefer to hand strip with just my fingers, no tools. The trained eye might notice a couple of 'holes' in his back. I did these deliberately as part of the lesson to demonstrate mistakes. It was wit a heavy heart that I decided to strip him out because i loved his scruffy look, but now it's done, i'm so happy I did him. It'll grow back before I know it and it'll need doing again anyway!

Before starting

Before starting

Half way!

All done

I love hand stripping. I find it amazing grooming a dog with nothing but your fingers :)