Gawd, Prepare For Another Onslaught Of The 'teacup' Puppies...

kelpiecuddles

Just saw an ad for a show on Gem on Tuesday called Super Tiny Animals featuring the mini versions of lots of animals but looks like 'teacup' puppies feature pretty prominently. So if you are a breeder of chis or the other breeds that cop this crap be prepared for a bunch of annoying phone calls/emails!

My neighbour has a trio of kittens which she bought as munchkin kittens, she tells me they go through a leggy stage, I'm not game to break it to her that their legs won't magically shrink down the track LOL.

Now to stop the bloody things using my garden as a litter tray...

I just saw the ad tonight! How horrible. Going to be tough not to jump down peoples throats that bring it up. "aww look at that cute thing, how perfect" Aaaarrrrrrrrrrrgh *bashes people with nearest object* :laugh:

I was trying to find a photo to share of my neighbours (not)'munchkins' but could only find this video. I did contemplate giving it a thread of it's own but thought, hey may this thread needs some lightening up LOL. As you can see his legs will need to do some shrinking if he's to turn in to a munchkin any time soon... :laugh: He's a little in love with my daughter :p

(Click the picture)

th_IMG_1402_zps4e47070f.jpg

Edited by kelpiecuddles

to be fair on on the munchkin cat thing, both long and short legs are born in the same litters, "normal" legs are just considered non standard, but they are still munchkins, the gene is lethal when doubled.

Just saw an ad for a show on Gem on Tuesday called Super Tiny Animals featuring the mini versions of lots of animals but looks like 'teacup' puppies feature pretty prominently. So if you are a breeder of chis or the other breeds that cop this crap be prepared for a bunch of annoying phone calls/emails!

Relative of a friend has two tea-cup puppies. Her Vet costs are already over $5000.

Cringeworthy.

:eek::mad:eek:

Not unlike PP selling pure Manx kittens with the "tail gene" :laugh:

Manx can have long tails. The gene is dominant but that doesn't guarantee inheritance.

Let's say you had two manx cats, each carries the recessive and the dominant (we'll call them T for no tail and t for tail). You can work out the litter this way:

T t

T t

=

TT Tt Tt tt

So, 25% of your litter could be carrying the t, meaning they'd have normal tails. The remaining 75% carry the dominant so should have shorter tails.

He can come and live with us as long as he stops pooing in my garden! (wouldn't be a problem if he was living with us anyway because he'd be an indoor cat ;) ) I'm actually going to be really sad when he inevitable gets hit by a car like all their cats do, we are literally on the Princes Hwy. :( (If I lived there currently I might have encouraged him to move in to my orchard and be a mouser LOL