Rescue

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if I offended anyone I am just trying to network with good rescues. I help raise funds for rescues and just want to stear clear of a certain sydney based dog brokering group and I noticed that this rescue has some of the dogs in the brokers kennels up for sale. I have helped raise $ for this group then to see the brokers dogs on the site I just want to make sure they are not an off branch of that group as I want nothing to do with them.

Oh OK, you're looking for Pound Rounds franchises. Fair enough.

From your posts in the urgent section I thought you were probably Outback Animal Rescue but you haven't really said.

From your posts in the urgent section I thought you were probably Outback Animal Rescue but you haven't really said.

Oh yes that is me not a large group or anything and unfortunately cant help as many dogs as others can but we try to do what we can

Oh yes that is me not a large group or anything and unfortunately cant help as many dogs as others can but we try to do what we can

Hang on, if you're Outback Anima Rescue, then your old petrescue profile belonged to Homes For Hounds aka greylvr. Who badmouthed DOL and also moved up to work in thePR kennels.

So what exactly happened? Had a turnaround?

Hang on, if you're Outback Anima Rescue, then your old petrescue profile belonged to Homes For Hounds aka greylvr. Who badmouthed DOL and also moved up to work in thePR kennels.

So what exactly happened? Had a turnaround?

Ah yes! I was wracking my brain where I had seen the old avatar. I thought you were also working with Janet & Peter?

Not a turn around as such just a firm tug of my head out of my ass. Having to eat that humble pie and love it because I was so wrong and you all were so damn right. I wasnt working with peter and janet more networking with them a bit, chatting and learning from them but that all fell apart thanks to the one who thinks she is gods gift to pound dogs. As far as the dol crap good ol me believed everything I was told by MN and let myself get brainwashed and couldnt see through all the smoke enough to see what everyone was saying until I saw such horrible things for myself. I do apologize for anything and everything I have ever said or done took a few months of kicking myself in the ass and regretting all the BS all I ever wanted to do is help dogs. Now that I have gotten away from scum I am on the right track and helping a lot of dogs. The support I have gotten since shaking off the fleas of the rescue world has been wonderful. Dont blame you if you hate me but I hope that it wont impact on me helping the dogs.

Honestly, you made a spectacular mess of your last go at Dol. You insulted a lot of really good people and it got really ugly.

It's not that hard to work out who you are and I was waiting for you to say something on your own instead of starting new threads all over the place trying to rewrite history.

Just front the one thread. Say sorry and move on.

Maybe clarify how your new fundraising works because I can't see your CFN anywhere, this is important. Reputable groups don't get involved with iffy donations.

I have no vested interest in you or your history by the way, for once I wasn't the one called a piece of shit on FB but a lot of other respectable people were.

Honestly, you made a spectacular mess of your last go at Dol. You insulted a lot of really good people and it got really ugly.

It's not that hard to work out who you are and I was waiting for you to say something on your own instead of starting new threads all over the place trying to rewrite history.

Maybe clarify how your new fundraising works because I can't see your CFN anywhere, this is important. Reputable groups don't get involved with iffy donations.

I have no vested interest in you or your history by the way, for once I wasn't the one called a piece of shit on FB but a lot of other respectable people were.

And put the people who initially defended you in a really crappy situation.

I wanted to believe your heart was in the right place and put myself out there in your defense. And for that, you turned around and proved everyone else right :mad

If anyone wants to know why I'm so wary of new rescues and no longer waste my time trying to educate others to do better, there's one reason, right there.

Edit- talking to Greylvr, not Powerlegs!

Edited by Maddy

I dont have a CFN I do have a go fund me which I was told is legal to use and if its clear you dont have tax deduction it would be fine is this not correct?

I have only been able to speak to one member here in person and I did apologize and I think we patched it all up. I was going to start a post here but thought the members wouldnt want a cat fight and I just want to help dogs not fight with people over my stupidity. Its no excuse but I was convinced this forum was full of terrible people that I should hate especially silky and seniors but from all the research I have done and people I have talked to Silky and seniors is a top notch rescue.

And put the people who initially defended you in a really crappy situation.

I wanted to believe your heart was in the right place and put myself out there in your defense. And for that, you turned around and proved everyone else right :mad

If anyone wants to know why I'm so wary of new rescues and no longer waste my time trying to educate others to do better, there's one reason, right there.

Edit- talking to Greylvr, not Powerlegs!

Fair enough and your right and I am sorry I have jaded you so much

That's right, you did too Maddy.

Dol always gets painted as unwelcoming which is not the case at all.

Yes it does but I think that is more because you guys are upfront and honest. You dont sugar coat things which people can take as unwelcoming but is needed.

I dont have a CFN I do have a go fund me which I was told is legal to use and if its clear you dont have tax deduction it would be fine is this not correct?

I have only been able to speak to one member here in person and I did apologize and I think we patched it all up. I was going to start a post here but thought the members wouldnt want a cat fight and I just want to help dogs not fight with people over my stupidity. Its no excuse but I was convinced this forum was full of terrible people that I should hate especially silky and seniors but from all the research I have done and people I have talked to Silky and seniors is a top notch rescue.

No SSR is more than just me and shouldn't take the blame for being unpopular in certain circles because of me. (and we are top notch btw lol)

BUT me hell yes! : Anna Faulkner .Despised by dodgey rescue far and wide. :thanks:

GoFundme and Chip In etc, look they aren't exactly kosher. They just launder money and take their %. Completely legal at their end and they aren't the ones who get busted. If you are still in NSW check the Office Of Liquor and Gaming fundraising approval. It's not hard to get. Nothing to do with gift deductibility which you do not have to get if you don't want.

I still think one thread would get it out and done. Say sorry, move on. I wouldn't have even noticed you if you hadn't started a dozen threads here, something didn't seem right. Like you were trying to catch up.

Edited by Powerlegs

Methinks you might have to eat a lot of humble pie to be accepted again by the sounds of it.

Humble 3 tier cakes and I am sure I will be eating a very long time and I just hope they are not too fattening as I have been dieting.

Methinks you might have to eat a lot of humble pie to be accepted again by the sounds of it.

Humble 3 tier cakes and I am sure I will be eating a very long time and I just hope they are not too fattening as I have been dieting.

If you're serious about getting back into rescue and doing it properly, I'd suggest stepping back from it for the moment and taking the time to educate yourself. This includes relevant laws (fundraising, animal management, etc) and best management practices, etc.

The offer to help you learn is still there. No one here wanted to see you fail to start with.

Not a turn around as such just a firm tug of my head out of my ass. Having to eat that humble pie and love it because I was so wrong and you all were so damn right. I wasnt working with peter and janet more networking with them a bit, chatting and learning from them but that all fell apart thanks to the one who thinks she is gods gift to pound dogs. As far as the dol crap good ol me believed everything I was told by MN and let myself get brainwashed and couldnt see through all the smoke enough to see what everyone was saying until I saw such horrible things for myself. I do apologize for anything and everything I have ever said or done took a few months of kicking myself in the ass and regretting all the BS all I ever wanted to do is help dogs. Now that I have gotten away from scum I am on the right track and helping a lot of dogs. The support I have gotten since shaking off the fleas of the rescue world has been wonderful. Dont blame you if you hate me but I hope that it wont impact on me helping the dogs.

So you moved from Melbourne to Sydney and while "networking" and "learning" from GR, MN (who GR thinks is some sort of God, says a lot about their rescue IMO) it all went to poo. I saw you advertising on Gumtree for a property to rent in northern NSW last year to be able to build temporary kennels (once again shades of GR, shove 'em in those kennels) so you could rescue greyhounds. Now you live in Finley and rescue "working dogs". Do I have the story right so far?

Sam I don't hate you I can't be bothered but I'm not the person you have to convince, I'm a no one. As Anna said you burnt some very well respected and reputable rescues in your quest to save every greyhound, I supported you to start with as well because like Maddy we do hope that there will be reputable greyhound rescues in the future to help the breed we love but each one that pops up leaves me to despair the future of greyhound rescue :(

You should have re-introduced yourself as Anna said and taken it from there. To make a hundred threads questioning dodgy rescues smacks of hypocrisy to me :shrug:

Edited by HazyWal