Rescue

Happy Camper, I am an infrequent and at times unwelcome poster in this forum but I have some advice for you.

You got yourself in a lot of trouble last time, championing the cause of particular rescues, putting the boot into others, refusing to listen to what people were trying to tell you and expressing a whole lot of opinions based on what was seemingly minimal knowledge or experience. You decided to initiate an active social media campaign against this forum and for that alone, you need to be digesting humble pie for a very very long time. It was immature, malicious and frankly quite unbalanced. I visited that FB page (as I'm sure many others did) and it was gobsmackingly nasty.

You may now have changed the detail of your opinion and the direction of your targetting and booting and the substance of your views about what others should be doing but your method of approach to this forum appears to be the same.

May I politely suggest that you ask for more knowledge, opine less telling others how things should be done and put the boot into no one here or elsewhere in social media. That is a sound long term strategy for getting on with people here and one I am personally striving to follow.

"Sorry" wont' cut it. Live the change you want people to believe you have undergone.

Edited by Haredown Whippets

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there has been enough mea culpa, Happy Camper. Some people will forgive and forget, some people will forgive, but be forever wary, some people will never forget.

It depends on the people and whatever feels right for them. Each individual has the right to her or his feelings and, to your credit, you have acknowledged this.

If I were in your situation, I think I would pull back a little and go a little bit more softly. I know you are very eager to make a difference and to rehabilitate yourself, but some things are best done slowly :)

I was not involved with this particular story, but I know there are people "out there" whom I neither could nor would ever trust again no matter how much they apologised (huh! pigs might fly) for the total crock of shite of lies they have said about me on this and other forums.

Bit different from your case, but just giving an example of how no amount of apologising can made up for some treatment. :shrug:

Yup I understand and yes their choice and I also understand if they want to not forgive ever not my place to try to force or convince them.

plenty of shite and plenty of lies by Grylvr and just cause they changed their name doesn't mean they changed their spots. And we won't even go there about the damage done to my breed.

I have no clue what you are going on about with the greyhounds. The two I had when I was on this forum one was adopted and I am facebook friends with her and the dog is very spoiled and in a good home. The other one was also adopted and doing well how that is damaging the breed I do not know. Seems to me that in the last year a few more greyhound rescues have popped up and although they all seem to be full all the time it seems that a lot of greyhounds are being saved, I even referred someone to GAP to get a dog and they did and are very happy with their new dog. So you have me stumped on this one but if that is how you feel so be it I wont ever change your mind.

Happy Camper, I am an infrequent and at times unwelcome poster in this forum but I have some advice for you.

You got yourself in a lot of trouble last time, championing the cause of particular rescues, putting the boot into others, refusing to listen to what people were trying to tell you and expressing a whole lot of opinions based on what was seemingly minimal knowledge or experience. You decided to initiate an active social media campaign against this forum and for that alone, you need to be digesting humble pie for a very very long time. It was immature, malicious and frankly quite unbalanced. I visited that FB page (as I'm sure many others did) and it was gobsmackingly nasty.

You may now have changed the detail of your opinion and the direction of your targetting and booting and the substance of your views about what others should be doing but your method of approach to this forum appears to be the same.

May I politely suggest that you ask for more knowledge, opine less telling others how things should be done and put the boot into no one here or elsewhere in social media. That is a sound long term strategy for getting on with people here and one I am personally striving to follow.

"Sorry" wont' cut it. Live the change you want people to believe you have undergone.

Yup that sounds good and I will.

I think there has been enough mea culpa, Happy Camper. Some people will forgive and forget, some people will forgive, but be forever wary, some people will never forget.

It depends on the people and whatever feels right for them. Each individual has the right to her or his feelings and, to your credit, you have acknowledged this.

If I were in your situation, I think I would pull back a little and go a little bit more softly. I know you are very eager to make a difference and to rehabilitate yourself, but some things are best done slowly :)

I was not involved with this particular story, but I know there are people "out there" whom I neither could nor would ever trust again no matter how much they apologised (huh! pigs might fly) for the total crock of shite of lies they have said about me on this and other forums.

Bit different from your case, but just giving an example of how no amount of apologising can made up for some treatment. :shrug:

Yup I understand and yes their choice and I also understand if they want to not forgive ever not my place to try to force or convince them.

plenty of shite and plenty of lies by Grylvr and just cause they changed their name doesn't mean they changed their spots. And we won't even go there about the damage done to my breed.

I have no clue what you are going on about with the greyhounds. The two I had when I was on this forum one was adopted and I am facebook friends with her and the dog is very spoiled and in a good home. The other one was also adopted and doing well how that is damaging the breed I do not know. Seems to me that in the last year a few more greyhound rescues have popped up and although they all seem to be full all the time it seems that a lot of greyhounds are being saved, I even referred someone to GAP to get a dog and they did and are very happy with their new dog. So you have me stumped on this one but if that is how you feel so be it I wont ever change your mind.

still blind.

Wow you suggested GAP, aren't you good. You want a medal with that?

I'll guess it has something to do with muzzles for a start. There was a thread last year where you were quoted from FB.

"....needs another foster or adoptive home. Is a great dog listens well but is a bit rough when it comes to little dogs. She is three months old so will need training, let me know if you're interested. She's not earmarked so is just like every other dog, can visit dog parks and doesn't have to wear a muzzle in public."

I'll guess it has something to do with muzzles for a start. There was a thread last year where you were quoted from FB.

"....needs another foster or adoptive home. Is a great dog listens well but is a bit rough when it comes to little dogs. She is three months old so will need training, let me know if you're interested. She's not earmarked so is just like every other dog, can visit dog parks and doesn't have to wear a muzzle in public."

Now that really isn't good enough Happy Camper - how dare you put other people's pets at risk.

This is wise advice.

You need to slow it down. I was another at the recieving end of you and your mob though do not need or want an appology from you or anyone else. In fact it would be an insult at this stage.

Well said Anna :)

Rebanne, I agree.

Now that really isn't good enough Happy Camper - how dare you put other people's pets at risk.

Fair enough I was going off the info given to me from a greenhound coordinator regarding a puppy.

Date: 10 July 2013 9:45:29 AM AEST

To: removed by me

Subject: re: Enquiry from Greenhounds website

Reply-To: [email protected]

Hi,

If the Greyhound doesn't have earbrands then it legally doesn't need to be muzzled in public, however some Greyhound owners who own Greyhounds which are not earbranded have still chosen to get their dogs Greenhound Assessed due to the confusion which some rangers & members of the public may still have.

There is technically no 'minimum' age for a Greyhound to be Greenhounded, however as you can appreciate, there are behavioural differences as the Greyhound gets older which may differ from 'normal' puppy Greyhound behaviour and this may cause a difference in observations from the Greenhound Assessor during the assessment.

Kind regards

Fair enough I was going off the info given to me from a greenhound coordinator regarding a puppy.

Date: 10 July 2013 9:45:29 AM AEST

To: removed by me

Subject: re: Enquiry from Greenhounds website

Reply-To: [email protected]

Hi,

If the Greyhound doesn't have earbrands then it legally doesn't need to be muzzled in public, however some Greyhound owners who own Greyhounds which are not earbranded have still chosen to get their dogs Greenhound Assessed due to the confusion which some rangers & members of the public may still have.

There is technically no 'minimum' age for a Greyhound to be Greenhounded, however as you can appreciate, there are behavioural differences as the Greyhound gets older which may differ from 'normal' puppy Greyhound behaviour and this may cause a difference in observations from the Greenhound Assessor during the assessment.

Kind regards

what a load of crock. My greyhounds are clean skins and have to wear muzzles.

Unless a greyhound has been through GAP they have to be muzzled in public in Vic. I have never see anything that says Greyhounds are only Greyhounds if they have a tattoo. And of course they are microchipping them now. A Greyhound is a Greyhound and when I get back from the Sydney Royal I will be making further enquires to see if anything has changed.

• 2 weeks later...

Unless a greyhound has been through GAP they have to be muzzled in public in Vic. I have never see anything that says Greyhounds are only Greyhounds if they have a tattoo. And of course they are microchipping them now. A Greyhound is a Greyhound and when I get back from the Sydney Royal I will be making further enquires to see if anything has changed.

A lot of greyhound "rescues" like to trot out that bit about unbranded dogs being exempt but it isn't correct. If it's a greyhound, it has to be muzzled unless that state has green collar legislation and the dog has been passed. Of course, then you get the rescues that encourage their adopters to register their dogs as "greyhound x whippet" so legislation or not, they'll find a way to skirt the rules.

Meanwhile, the rest of us do the right thing but in the longterm, will suffer for the idiots who think they know better- "Oh, my greyhound would never hurt a small dog" (until they do).

• 5 months later...

Have you taken down that DOL hate page yet? If you really are sorry and want to make amends then be honest. It's no secret it was you, loose lips sink ships.

wow the things that come to light when u have time to read,

I had no idea who the admin or creator of that hate page was.

sad really as one accusation that was hurled at me had me in tears n broken for days.

it was about a little old dog who spent his last days in my arms a dog that was sent via the infamous broker who at one time had me hoodwinked n brainwashed,

a little old dog that we spent a fortune on n who was so riddled with cancer that nothing could be done.

my heart still aches at the memory of his passing at the vets in my arms 2 days prior to xmas.

i done all possible to give him the love n kindness he deserved before hes time came.

i held him nsang to him n wished him a lovely journey over the bridge whilst the vet put him to sleep.

oh how horrible n unjust n nasty those written lies were, n the pain they caused.

it felt like the little guys existance had been attacked n tarnished by cruelty n unkind slanderous lies.

so sad

Pure bred greyhounds whether from show or racing lines all need to be muzzled unless they undergo an assessment by GAP. Greyhound crosses are not covered by this law so don't need to be muzzled or assessed. It is true that some people use this loophole with unbranded pure bred greyhounds by claiming they are crosses. I'm not saying I support it but I am aware of it happening. Luckily unbranded greyhounds from racing lines are very rare & we only take on pure greyhounds.

Along the line of green collars and the gap program. A friend of mine adopted a greyhound from gap vic on my reccomendation a couple of years ago. Having moved a few weeks ago the dog got out last night and was loose and lost in a busy suburb.

When I asked her if she had updated her contact details on his microchip she said he was registered to gap vic and they won't change him over? She owns him and has for a few years, is not changing the details on the chip to the new owner normal for greyhound adoption programs? All other rescues I know of change the chip to the new owner, so I found this odd...

Dog was found this morning, tired but unhurt and the fence has been fixed.

Along the line of green collars and the gap program. A friend of mine adopted a greyhound from gap vic on my reccomendation a couple of years ago. Having moved a few weeks ago the dog got out last night and was loose and lost in a busy suburb.

When I asked her if she had updated her contact details on his microchip she said he was registered to gap vic and they won't change him over? She owns him and has for a few years, is not changing the details on the chip to the new owner normal for greyhound adoption programs? All other rescues I know of change the chip to the new owner, so I found this odd...

Dog was found this morning, tired but unhurt and the fence has been fixed.

Greyhounds attached to the racing industry in Vic are now microchiped but on a 'different' register. As far as I know GAP do not do anything about changing the details - it is up to the new owner. I know that most greyhound rescue groups in VIC do also register the greys onto one of the pet microchip registers once the dogs are in their care, then do the ownership transfer when adopted.

Your friend needs to go to her vet and get them to fill in a microchip form, pay the fee, and send it off to CAR if that is the registry she chooses. For me it is not enough to have your dog registerd to an organisation, with staff only available mon-fri during office hours.